+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kortrijk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Kortrijk

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’d hope Bulut wouldn’t be making that decision as he will be gone.

I hope we go to 352 next season. We can play O’Dowda at LWB, Davies up top with Colwill behind. We don’t have any wingers on the books and it suits Ng and others.

Nice to hear that about his grandad too. Really hope Davies and Colwill make it for us, as well as Ashford, Joel Colwill etc.
    Missed this. Yes I agree wingers just don't work for us. I'd rather the width from wing backs and have more creative minded players in the middle rather than wingers cutting in.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6...013e325dddfe95

People will pick apart the team selection, whatever. But a formation something like this I'd like to see. Can argue the toss over the team selection as comb does

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Missed this. Yes I agree wingers just don't work for us. I'd rather the width from wing backs and have more creative minded players in the middle rather than wingers cutting in.

People will pick apart the team selection, whatever. But a formation something like this I'd like to see. Can argue the toss over the team selection as comb does
    I like it, I think Etete would benefit from having a partner up front

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I like it, I think Etete would benefit from having a partner up front
    Little and large! We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

I think we'd play COD as LWB, and then Collins is backup. Ng can play RCB and you sign a Drameh etc as the RWB.

I think we'd play COD as LWB, and then Collins is backup. Ng can play RCB and you sign a Drameh etc as the RWB.
    Absolutely. You got me there! Quite how I missed him out is a mystery

NG is made to play the right of a back 3. COD can easily play left wing back but there is always that question mark over his fitness. We would need two new full backs, players like Giles, Dramah were excellent in that role. Not sure Doughty played wingback for us but another we had who would have been ideal and Nkounkou.

We never seem to play wingbacks when we have the players to do it. No we wait for mad mickand play Brown and McGuiness.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    NG is made to play the right of a back 3. COD can easily play left wing back but there is always that question mark over his fitness. We would need two new full backs, players like Giles, Dramah were excellent in that role. Not sure Doughty played wingback for us but another we had who would have been ideal and Nkounkou.

We never seem to play wingbacks when we have the players to do it. No we wait for mad mickand play Brown and McGuiness.
    I'd have loved to have seen Nkounkou as a wing back for us.
    he's be comfortably our most creative player these days