+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So Clive Sinclair has passed away

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So Clive Sinclair has passed away

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I must admit, the ZX81 then the Spectrum were my first Computers and set me of down the geek road

I guess it was the start of " backing up games " aswell

Who can forget

Football manager
    Daley Thompsom Decathlon, batter those keys
    Outrun ( which at that time was vastly better on the mega drive )
    Italia 90 ( as outrun, the mega drive was just killing home computer games by then )
    OutRun is still up there as one of the most influential driving games of all time. I think it made 4th just behind Gran Turismo. I've seen elements of outrun recycled in games like Need For Speed and even the Forza Horizon series. It's non-linear gameplay was revolutionary. Can't believe it was released in 1986.

I'm an obsessive collector of racing/driving games across all platforms and still play outrun a few times a month using an emulator on a PC.

I was a C64 owner so never had the connection with the Sinclair but the Mega Drive was fab!

Clive was way ahead of his time and a true technical revolutionary. I always wondered what a Sinclair/Jobs collaboration would have produced in the 90s. He will have influenced many gamers to go on to learn more about computing/coding/game development much like the Raspberry Pi is today.

If you're interested in tech then check out the drama Halt And Catch Fire set in 1983.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 18-09-21 at 00:01. Reason: spelling