+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback

Re: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Seriously you read all Adz-a32 said:-

"*sighs* I don’t think you will EVER understand perspectives beyond your own.

So there is a song mocking a certain type of brown people. And a lot of racists who think Sikhs as “lower” than them would view all brown people as that.

In the past, Sikh communities have been attacked. And same thing has happened to other communities of colour. From a brown perspective: it has happened to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis as well. The term used was “p*** bashing”.

As an Asian, I would feel uncomfortable hearing that chant. I would feel physically unsafe as some racists are violent and racial attacks still happen to this day.

Can’t believe that you have so much mental gymnastics to defend this. Just take a break."

And you came back with "you know all too well not only brown people wear Turbans".

Does make you wonder whether you had a smile on your face as you typed it.
    why would I have a smile on my face? do you think racism is funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    why would I have a smile on my face? do you think racism is funny?
    I can't believe you would read what Adz wrote then comment what you did without being cool with racism.

It was as if everything was in one ear out of the other.

Feedback

I can't believe you would read what Adz wrote then comment what you did without being cool with racism.

It was as if everything was in one ear out of the other.
    I asked a question of Adz directly related to what he wrote. Perhaps you can tell me which part of Adz's post is acceptable for me to comment on.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I asked a question of Adz directly related to what he wrote. Perhaps you can tell me which part of Adz's post is acceptable for me to comment on.
    Read back your many quotes

"I'm not defending anyone or anything.

Do you think football fans believe in everything they sing?

Do you know the intentions of those singing the song? have you spoken to them and asked or are you making assumptions based on what you think may be the case?

For this particular song to have any meaning to you would imply you believe one is lesser than the other. if you don't believe that then its a nonsense song like hey diddle diddle.

and incidentally, is it only brown people who wear turbans?

I'm asking why would a hindu get upset about something that has no cultural reference to them as individuals?

I don't think they're random at all. They're picking the English because we're playing an English football team.

(Interjected - But the turban, is random?)

who knows

But for this particular song to have any meaning to you would imply you believe one is lesser than the other. if you don't believe that then its a nonsense song like hey diddle diddle.

if you truly believe all people are equal then why does this song affect you so much?

if he truly believes we are all equal then he must appreciate the song has no meaning

I'll ask again, why would a hindu be upset over a song about a turban?"

then read back Adz comment:-

"*sighs* I don’t think you will EVER understand perspectives beyond your own.

So there is a song mocking a certain type of brown people. And a lot of racists who think Sikhs as “lower” than them would view all brown people as that.

In the past, Sikh communities have been attacked. And same thing has happened to other communities of colour. From a brown perspective: it has happened to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis as well. The term used was “p*** bashing”.

As an Asian, I would feel uncomfortable hearing that chant. I would feel physically unsafe as some racists are violent and racial attacks still happen to this day.

Can’t believe that you have so much mental gymnastics to defend this. Just take a break."

You responded "is it only brown people who wear turbans?"

As if the existence of people of a different skin tone to those traditionally and in the majority wearing turbans would make a difference, and prevents you from understanding why an Asian like Adz would "feel physically unsafe".

Incidentally if the points made towards you so far re why someone who is not Sikh, but Asian and clear so the appearance may feel upset from it aren't enough to enlighten you,... this is from Wikipedia :-

"Wearing turbans is common among Sikhs, including women. It is also worn by Hindu monks. The headgear also serves as a religious observance, including among Shia Muslims, who regard turban-wearing as Sunnah fucadahass.

The turban is also the traditional headdress of Sufi scholars. Additionally, turbans have often been worn by nobility, regardless of religious background."

The turban is also the traditional headdress of Sufi scholars. Additionally, turbans have often been worn by nobility, regardless of religious background."[/COLOR][/I]
    And before you come back saying well how can it be racist when there are instances of other people wearing them than the most.

Come on, don't act that stupid it doesn't suit you.