+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another warm-up tomorrow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another warm-up tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This testing situation is bothering me. Almost every footballer, anywhere, who has been reported as testing positive has seemed to be showing no symptoms and feeling fine. I'm beginning to wonder how accurate these tests are, especially in light of something that happened today.

A colleague who had felt unwell for about a week contacted her GP this morning and explained her symptoms. He said it's more than likely that she has Covid-19. He gave her the standard advice, told her to self-isolate, to contact him again immediately if she felt significantly worse, etc, but when she asked if she should get a test, he apparently replied: "I wouldn't bother at this stage - they're not reliable anyway."

Bit of a worry.....
    He could be a shit GP though. She should get a test.

She should get a result in 8 days my wife did.

She was back in work before I could come out of a 14 day isolation.

Feckin system problems they said as we had to chase the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    She is. My bosses insisted on it because she's had contact (albeit indirect) with another member of staff during the last week.

Her GP's apparent lack of faith in the testing system is one thing, but what I find perplexing is the positive tests for people who aren't feeling unwell. I completely understand that some people carrying Covid-19 are likely to be asymptomatic, but the rate seems suspiciously high. As far as I'm aware, I know only five people personally who have been tested - one because of Covid-like symptoms and four because of their jobs. The guy who had symptoms tested negative, as did two of the others, but two of the girls tested positive despite feeling fine and they never developed any symptoms at all. It just seems odd.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

She should get a result in 8 days my wife did.

She was back in work before I could come out of a 14 day isolation.

Feckin system problems they said as we had to chase the result.
    A significant number of people have tested positive for antibodies and recall having no symptoms. Not many footballers are testing positive, the virus is (for the majority) a minor illness, especially among the younger and fitter of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    A significant number of people have tested positive for antibodies and recall having no symptoms. Not many footballers are testing positive, the virus is (for the majority) a minor illness, especially among the younger and fitter of the population.
    Most of the anti body tests are absolutely useless. The Roche ones are apparently very accurate but some are as low as 40%. Might as well toss a coin.