+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A few points in reply, your response suggests that what I said rattled your cage a bit, also you’ve spent a decade and more telling us on here that right is right, so it’s hard to reconcile you with being the reasonable man in the middle seeing both sides of the argument. However, although I do associate Conservatism with greed (I’ve always thought there is a dividing line between aspiration and greed, but it can be a thin one) and always will do, I was also making a general point that people tend to get more selfish/self absorbed as they get older - I have to admit I have.
    I have gone the other way. I am far more mindful of other people as I get older - and am also more mindful of those who live on the breadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have gone the other way. I am far more mindful of other people as I get older - and am also more mindful of those who live on the breadline.
    Me too. Something we agree on.

Yeah, maybe I was a little bit harsh on myself, because you have reminded me that I do my, little, bit for those worse off than me every week as well, but I'd still say I'm not as generous spirited as I was, say, twenty five years ago.

Well done to you for being able to maintain such an outlook at your very advanced age - what is it again, you're about a week older than me aren't you

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, maybe I was a little bit harsh on myself, because you have reminded me that I do my, little, bit for those worse off than me every week as well, but I'd still say I'm not as generous spirited as I was, say, twenty five years ago.

Well done to you for being able to maintain such an outlook at your very advanced age - what is it again, you're about a week older than me aren't you
    Laughing here, TOBW. I honestly become happier with each year that passes. Our lifespan is finite and that becomes more evident as we get older - and I always thought that reaching 60 was all that I could expect from the Almighty who I don't believe in
    (In fact, I cashed in my superannuation when I was 20 as I didn't think I would live this long!).
    Every year beyond 60 is a bonus and I am fortunate that I will still travel to some of the wackiest places on the planet when normal life resumes and that I have got my health and enough money to live on.
    Having been to many very poor countries and seeing people living off collecting plastic bottles on rubbish tips and sleeping on the side of busy streets and without even owning a pair of shoes I realise how very fortunate we are in having been born into one of the world's richest countries. On the other hand, I will retire in the coming weeks and not have to worry financially until I shed my mortal coil.
    Understandably, I don't really want to descend into a poor mental or physical state and if the gods permit me another 5 years of globetrotting, walking, attending gigs and City matches I will be happy as Larry. As the Grim Reaper gets closer I will cram more and more in to every week, month and year.
    Now go and cheer up, you old bugger. You're not a bad egg really

Laughing here, TOBW. I honestly become happier with each year that passes. Our lifespan is finite and that becomes more evident as we get older - and I always thought that reaching 60 was all that I could expect from the Almighty who I don't believe in
    (In fact, I cashed in my superannuation when I was 20 as I didn't think I would live this long!).
    Every year beyond 60 is a bonus and I am fortunate that I will still travel to some of the wackiest places on the planet when normal life resumes and that I have got my health and enough money to live on.
    Having been to many very poor countries and seeing people living off collecting plastic bottles on rubbish tips and sleeping on the side of busy streets and without even owning a pair of shoes I realise how very fortunate we are in having been born into one of the world's richest countries. On the other hand, I will retire in the coming weeks and not have to worry financially until I shed my mortal coil.
    Understandably, I don't really want to descend into a poor mental or physical state and if the gods permit me another 5 years of globetrotting, walking, attending gigs and City matches I will be happy as Larry. As the Grim Reaper gets closer I will cram more and more in to every week, month and year.
    Now go and cheer up, you old bugger. You're not a bad egg really
    Nice message, thanks