+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia (still maybe)

Re: Novak Djokovic to be deported from Australia (still maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Good.

Now if the other "grand slam" were to immediately declare "no vax - no entry" then maybe he'll get a jab.
    But I doubt it. He'll have his lawyers look into a way to flaunt the rules.

Justice has been done. Forget all the stuff about support for anti-vaxxers and social unrest etc. Here is a man who provided false information on his visa application in order to get into Australia and got his come-uppance.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Good.

Now if the other "grand slam" were to immediately declare "no vax - no entry" then maybe he'll get a jab.
    But I doubt it. He'll have his lawyers look into a way to flaunt the rules.

I believe his non vaccination status already rules him out of the French open under current French regulations

"Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic has told the BBC Novak Djokovic was “tortured and tormented” by the Australian government and “treated like a mass murderer”. He said the decision taken today could have been made 10 days ago, and that he has “no doubt” Djokovic would have been treated "totally differently" if he wasn’t from Serbia".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ralia-60001871

What the ....!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    "Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic has told the BBC Novak Djokovic was “tortured and tormented” by the Australian government and “treated like a mass murderer”. He said the decision taken today could have been made 10 days ago, and that he has “no doubt” Djokovic would have been treated "totally differently" if he wasn’t from Serbia".

What the ....!
    The sort of calm, well-reasoned and definitely not populist viewpoint you’d expect from the former Minister of Information under Slobodan Milosevic.

Justice has been done. Forget all the stuff about support for anti-vaxxers and social unrest etc. Here is a man who provided false information on his visa application in order to get into Australia and got his come-uppance.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    The Australian government acting and following the will of the Australian people while the world looks on as Boris mugs off the British public for the 25th time, embarrassing
    This is in no way a defence of Boris Johnson but I don't think the Australian people as a general rule would go along with their Government being held up as an example to the world

What the ....!
    A lot of over reaction there certainly. However I do think the Aussie government could have dealt with it far better and far sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    A lot of over reaction there certainly. However I do think the Aussie government could have dealt with it far better and far sooner.
    Definitely, his eligibility for entry should have been verified before he even boarded the plane to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Novak could have dealt with it far better too....like getting f**k*ng vaccinated in the first place!

What the ....!
    Surprised the Serb president didn’t mention the 14 day isolation novax was supposed to do after his aledged positive test, wouldn’t be at all surprised if that was a fake too to try and get him in to Oz without being vaxxed anyways

9 pages on Djokovic’s daft anti vaccination stand, we’re almost to a man criticising him yet while we’re desperate for goals in our fight against the drop Kieffer Moore and his absence due to his stance barely gets a mention. He should be getting pelters left, right and centre, he’s let us fans and the club down massively.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    9 pages on Djokovic’s daft anti vaccination stand, we’re almost to a man criticising him yet while we’re desperate for goals in our fight against the drop Kieffer Moore and his absence due to his stance barely gets a mention. He should be getting pelters left, right and centre, he’s let us fans and the club down massively.
    I can't comment on Kieffer Moore as I don't know the facts. Do you have a source?

Report today on the BBCX news website regarding Djokovic:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60025236

“But Prime Minister Scott Morrison* has said he may be allowed entry sooner under the "right circumstances". "[The ban] does go over a three-year period, but there is the opportunity for them to return in the right circumstances and that would be considered at the time," he said in an interview with the Australian radio station 2GB on Monday.

Australian law does provide for compelling or compassionate reasons for the three-year visa ban to be waived. This would potentially allow Djokovic to take part in the Australian Open tournament next year.”

*What is wrong with PM guy!! Another gift to Djokovic and his lawyers. Please tell me what compelling or compassionate reasons could Djokovic come up with other than he wants to play in a tennis tournament? Maybe he could find some long-lost relative in Australia who conveniently becomes terminally ill next year? Years 2 and 3 might be problematic of course.

Djokovic broke the law by making a false disclosure on his visa application and he should have been aware that that carried a risk of a 3 year ban. Consequences.......

*Morrison out!

I can't comment on Kieffer Moore as I don't know the facts. Do you have a source?
    Yes, can’t reveal as it isn’t the done thing but it’s quite a well known fact that he’s an anti vaxxer.

Yes, can’t reveal as it isn’t the done thing but it’s quite a well known fact that he’s an anti vaxxer.
    I bet a lot of them think as “elite sportsman” they think they are above it and dont want to put anything unknown into their high end genetic makeup….even at the lower end of the chsmpionship.

Sad

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I bet a lot of them think as “elite sportsman” they think they are above it and dont want to put anything unknown into their high end genetic makeup….even at the lower end of the chsmpionship.
    I know a couple who have had their first two jabs but are now anti-vaxers saying that it's now getting silly and can't be bothered with the booster nor any future ones. "We eat well and look after ourselves"

The selfish feckers.

where can i check that? i'm seriously interested to find out