+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football Commentators, The Accused

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Football Commentators, The Accused

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    leading on from another thread I think most of them are crap , as are most of the pundits

Clive Tyldesley has got to be the worst of all time ?

Jimmy Hill , complete idiot

Alan Parry , excited scouse school kid

Tony Gubba , potential but like city never made the big time

That part geordie one on the BBC? Get rid of him

Phil Thompson , money for old rope

Martin Tyler .......don't have SKY , is he still on it ? He was OK

Locally anyone remember Idwal Robling ?

Watching Wales v Scotland at anfield 1977 on TV

Welsh team warming up , Idwal says Welsh centre back looks very much like John Toshack ! Fella on microphone says thats because that is John Toshack Idwal

We have all been there
    Clive Tildesley has recently been demoted by ITV as their lead commentator. He gave quite a tirade on Twitter over it. He's now become main commentator on Rangers TV, so he's now universally hated by Celtic fans! He took to selling off old hand written match notes he'd made.

Parry is now one of the football league commentators on Sky, still going. Tyler is still there but well past his best.

I quite like John Murray on Radio 5, the part Geordie one.

First thing they have to do is get rid of all the women , both at games and in the studio. None of them know anything, and I don’t need to be told something by a woman, when i’m fully aware of what’s happening. I used to enjoy radio commentators more, in the past. They had to be more descriptive, more informative ,which led to football being much more enjoyable before Sky came in.They made you feel as though you were actually there. Bring back the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    First thing they have to do is get rid of all the women , both at games and in the studio. None of them know anything, and I don’t need to be told something by a woman, when i’m fully aware of what’s happening. I used to enjoy radio commentators more, in the past. They had to be more descriptive, more informative ,which led to football being much more enjoyable before Sky came in.They made you feel as though you were actually there. Bring back the good old days.
    you could still just listen to the radio yer daft old sexist

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Clive Tildesley has recently been demoted by ITV as their lead commentator. He gave quite a tirade on Twitter over it. He's now become main commentator on Rangers TV, so he's now universally hated by Celtic fans! He took to selling off old hand written match notes he'd made.

Parry is now one of the football league commentators on Sky, still going. Tyler is still there but well past his best.

I quite like John Murray on Radio 5, the part Geordie one.
    I listen to 5 live a lot and like John Murray (especially when there's been a "bw-king"), Ian Dennis and Alistair Bruce-Ball, even if there is a touch of the Partridge about him. Not so fussed on Conor McNamara and fully agree with everything said about Vikki Sparks, she's awful. As for the pundits, agree with another comment on here about Pat Nevin. Always uses more words than necessary and is always right. Can't listen to him, especially when paired with Sparks for the Hall of Shame commentary team.