+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where do we go from here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where do we go from here?

The danger is over expectation on the youngsters.
    MM has to man-manage the youngsters and cant expect them to perform like seasoned pros week in week out. Rubin had a great game at Forest but starting him at Coventry should never have happened. MM was basically asking him to pick up where he left off and, for a youngster, was way too much to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    MM has to man-manage the youngsters and cant expect them to perform like seasoned pros week in week out. Rubin had a great game at Forest but starting him at Coventry should never have happened. MM was basically asking him to pick up where he left off and, for a youngster, was way too much to expect.
    Agreed. But you bleed the youngsters into a system they are already familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I agree that high expectations need to be avoided as well as avoiding need to rely on them performing.

I guess that Mick's been brought in to help avoid that and I don't know if he was teaching Colwill a hard lesson about need to manage emotions, thought Colwill had done that and it didn't quite work for him (not unexpected with someone starting out) so is protecting him by making it about manager's error or it was simply the manager's error in picking the same side.