Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
But isn't Drakeford proposing to make a further announcement in view of Johnson's statement last Monday? Why make an announcement if the view in Wales remains the same?
It might have played a role in changing content of announcement but it hasn't created a further announcement from what I can tell. I say that because a lot easier to slow easing of lockdown if England has already done so due to lack of public and press backlash and size/closeness of border, but likely that that was the desired plan for all nations regardless of what England did.

Imo, since schools went back for one day in England after Christmas Westminster has become a lot more cautious - waiting 5 weeks between stages is cautious even if shouting "freedom day" and whispering "no earlier than" was a gamble which hasn't paid off - and I think that's so most people forget how reckless Boris and his government was before that moment. Drakeford has been largely cautious throughout, sometimes painfully so, which overall means spirit of Boris' behaviour has moved to be more like Drakeford.