Re: European Superstate Imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    We haven't avoided anything.. yet
    My head can't keep up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    My head can't keep up
    I wonder how many of the remain voters would want to remain in that? not sure I really want the answer tbh

I wonder how many of the remain voters would want to remain in that? not sure I really want the answer tbh
    As long as the young people can live and work in Europe who cares about any consequences

Personally, I can't seeing this being true, surely the people in charge are not that mad

Blog Entries

As long as the young people can live and work in Europe who cares about any consequences

Personally, I can't seeing this being true, surely the people in charge are not that mad
    Aren't they? I think you already know the answer to that.

Aren't they? I think you already know the answer to that.
    I shall believe it when I read it in the Telegraph or the Guardian

What's mad about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What's mad about it?
    Our armed forces under the control of Germany/Brussels and joining the Euro for a start, not to mention complete political integration. If it happens, it's no longer just a common market for goods is it?

Furthermore, if it is true then Cameron, Obama, IMF, Merkel, Hollande, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc,. must have known about this when they were all imploring us to remain, yet nobody thought to mention it?

You might think it will be fun to live under a globalist government with all local cultures destroyed, but I'm afraid I don't share you opinion. It's clearly a battle between national identity and globalism, and I'm not for the destruction of nation states.

Our armed forces under the control of Germany/Brussels and joining the Euro for a start, not to mention complete political integration. If it happens, it's no longer just a common market for goods is it?

Furthermore, if it is true then Cameron, Obama, IMF, Merkel, Hollande, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc,. must have known about this when they were all imploring us to remain, yet nobody thought to mention it?

You might think it will be fun to live under a globalist government with all local cultures destroyed, but I'm afraid I don't share you opinion. It's clearly a battle between national identity and globalism, and I'm not for the destruction of nation states.
    Armed forces are a very good thing to commonise- for us to have trident is very expensive, if Europe paid for it it would be very affordable.

Even if any of the above list of people were aware of further integration (and some of them probably weren't) there is nothing to say this would apply to the uk. Britain has an opt out remember. And a veto.

I think it would be good to live under a global government. And don't accept that local cultures wouldn't be able to survive.
    The nation state as a concept is outdated. There are far more efficient ways to organise our societies.
    What positive things have come from nationalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Armed forces are a very good thing to commonise- for us to have trident is very expensive, if Europe paid for it it would be very affordable.
    So Argentina invade the Falklands again, we then have to go and ask the EU ( who control the armed forces ) if we can go and take the Falklands back, they call a meeting and vote on it and come back to us and say " no go, little old UK, we wouldnt want to upset any trade routes with the south Americans "

Oh sorry Falklands, you are on your own now, cheerio