+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I heard somewhere the Gov wants to ramp test up to 500,000 a day.
    Even at that level it will take over 4 months to test everyone just once, and then they'll have to start all over again unless a vaccine is found. And that makes no allowance for people who need to be tested twice in short order for some reason. It's impractical.
    Better to target the tests and try to isolate outbreaks.
    The Govt. [the scientists] are placing their whole strategy on the test and trace policy. You get an un-recognised call/voice message. You are told that maybe you were in close proximity to 'X' ten days ago. You now have to self-isolated for 14 days. You shouldn't go shopping, but order online or get someone to leave it on your doorstep. You tell your work you have to stay away for 2 weeks so don't get paid. Some bosses may want to pay you but you can't offer them any proof that you are telling the truth. So do you answer the phone ? Though some may say to the contrary I doubt 1 in 10 will. Who's going to lose possibly £750 - £1000 ?

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The Govt. [the scientists] are placing their whole strategy on the test and trace policy. You get an un-recognised call/voice message. You are told that maybe you were in close proximity to 'X' ten days ago. You now have to self-isolated for 14 days. You shouldn't go shopping, but order online or get someone to leave it on your doorstep. You tell your work you have to stay away for 2 weeks so don't get paid. Some bosses may want to pay you but you can't offer them any proof that you are telling the truth. So do you answer the phone ? Though some may say to the contrary I doubt 1 in 10 will. Who's going to lose possibly £750 - £1000 ?
    I agree entirely. And so instead of complaining that the test and trace app/strategy isn't working perhaps people should complain more that without adequate financial support you can have the most efficient app in the world and it still won't work if people don't answer the phone or don't comply.