+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I would have preferred him to stay, despite the performance against Wycombe.

With a run of games he should have got a lot better.

With Pack out until later in February, Mozzer out for weeks more (?), Sol's injury and now serious illness, and dodgy form all across the backline (Joel Bagan exempted), we need another experienced defender - even if not match fit. He would have had a stress free run out against Forest after the 3rd minute if he was still with us - and the risk of Bennett at CB would have been avoided.

It sounds as if the club were fine with letting him go back, but that it was Leicester who made the call as it was clear that when Mozzer is fit again Benkovic would have been back on the bench again - at best. They have a fast depreciating asset and need to get him playing somewhere if they are going to salvage any of their £13m fee. Can't see him ever breaking into the Leicester first team based on his form in recent years and the attitude that comes through in that news site report.

So he is just one more in a long list of poor or failed loan signings.
    Is Pack injured as well?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is Pack injured as well?
    I think he means Flint.

Is Pack injured as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think he means Flint.
    Sorry, I meant Flint.

Although we are now in the territory of discussing Bennett, Cunningham, Pack and Vaulks as centre back options.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sorry, I meant Flint.

Although we are now in the territory of discussing Bennett, Cunningham, Pack and Vaulks as centre back options.
    Why Jurssey wasn't being a tosser, he said that Pack was brilliant at centre back when he played there on occasion. I can see it, too. I think he could do a decent job there, provided it is alongside Nelson!

Why Jurssey wasn't being a tosser, he said that Pack was brilliant at centre back when he played there on occasion. I can see it, too. I think he could do a decent job there, provided it is alongside Nelson!
    Pack in a back three would be an idea worth trying I reckon, but when? You couldn't do it in a league game, given how our previous attempts to play with three at the back have gone.

We may as well play all 11 in defence Saturday, it won't make any difference to our goals scored record and we can play Harris press conference bingo, knowing most of the tired old phrases being used, sloppy defending, concentration levels, I demand more.
    Maybe there should be a chart published with scores against the phrase used like scrabble
    50 point bonus if he chucks in "Does Neil Harris like that"
    The only thing this clown should be doing is picking up the train time table for the Cardiff to Paddington line

Pack in a back three would be an idea worth trying I reckon, but when? You couldn't do it in a league game, given how our previous attempts to play with three at the back have gone.
    I think if Pack didn't play centre back on Saturday, he won't play there this week! I hope he doesn't rush back Morrison (and Moore) like he did with Bennett and Osei-Tutu. We'll really be in a bit of bother if they're out for much longer.

I think he means Flint.