Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
There was outrage when coloured kit was introduced in the one-day game - pajama cricket it was referred to. The game has to change. Cricket is in big trouble otherwise. We may not like it but we do have to support it if the game's counties like Glamorgan are going to survive.

The season before lockdown, Glamorgan closed the club shop. As if that wasn't bad enough, they didn't have any of the new Blast tops until half of the matches had been played and they were tucked into a dark corner of the gutted old shop. I went to all but the last of the T20s and they were awful/stale. Didn't help that we were crap but none of the kids going to the early matches could buy any merchandise. This stuff is important. At the World Cup matches at Sophia Gardens it was buzzing (and not just the England match). I hope the 100 can get the families back in the ground and not the drunks.

If the 100 helps the other formats survive then that's a win in my book.
Couldn't disagree more in terms of the 100. All the things you have mentioned could have been achieved with the t20 format. In fact they have been achieved with the t20 format in most other cricket playing countries. We mismanaged the t20 format massively in the UK, it needed fixing I agree, but fail to understand why the 100 ball format should have anything to do with it