+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interest rates up 0.5%!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interest rates up 0.5%!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That just shows how many people own a house?

It could be that youngsters then left school, jot a job, saved some money, bought a house, and now youngsters prefer to piss it up in university rack up debt, go on a jolly around the World for 3 years, come back and go time to settle now lets by a house, oh dear I can't i've got no savings an average job, shed loads of debt, and it's all the torries fault.
    Name 3 young people that you know that been travelling round the world for 3 years

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Name 3 young people that you know that been travelling round the world for 3 years
    My mates two boys, and my other mate’s daughter. It might be extreme but plenty go for a year or so, lots take a year out too.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I know quite a few, but I know quite a few hippy like people. Most worked though, like 7/8 months here then go to India for 4 months and live for peanuts all winter. I took a grand with me when I went to India, lasted me 2 months. When I was 19 I went off to Oz etc for 18 months but worked a lot, came home with about £4K saved which was enough to put a deposit down on a flat….
    One big difference is the amount of debt most students rack up, back in 1990 ish most I knew had no real debts, some even had grants, not loans. Nowadays £50k is average isn’t it? That’s not a great way to start out is it…..

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I know quite a few, but I know quite a few hippy like people. Most worked though, like 7/8 months here then go to India for 4 months and live for peanuts all winter. I took a grand with me when I went to India, lasted me 2 months. When I was 19 I went off to Oz etc for 18 months but worked a lot, came home with about £4K saved which was enough to put a deposit down on a flat….
    One big difference is the amount of debt most students rack up, back in 1990 ish most I knew had no real debts, some even had grants, not loans. Nowadays £50k is average isn’t it? That’s not a great way to start out is it…..
    It's definately not, but the fees are only a part of it, most want to move away so rack up debts for housing in another City and enjoying themselves and good luck to them I hope they enjoy it. It bugs me when a few years later they say its all the governmets fault thecan't buy a house, no it's based your their life decisions.