Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
great piece, looks exciting and something we have been crying out for, a youngster who excites us when playing

what's great about that article imho is this :

"He turned Spurs down and the blowback from that was unbelievable. It was carnage," Russell said. "The private messages he was getting, the threats, it was so, so bad. He was getting death threats. It was stupid, saying they were going to come around his house and do this and that to him.

"We have someone at the club who looks after the players' welfare, she emailed me and told me to tell Ollie to contact her. I phoned Ollie and he just said, 'No, it's fine. I'll just stay off social media for a bit and shut the app down'. It never seemed to bother him.

"It's easy to look at him, he wears the Alice band because he's got that hair, you might these arrogant, but he's not. He is just a young man and he loves football.

"Some of the online abuse he got, no matter what age you are, that would affect you. But it didn't affect him one bit. He's very mature."

while of course its sad he got abuse and death threats, the lad was mature and sensible enough to just say " its ok, I'll just stay of social media ", credit to the lad for that
Didn't he mock Kanes speech impediment? Also an arsenal fan?