+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubin Has Had His Chances

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rubin Has Had His Chances

Disappointingly it seems to be the way for some.
    Put down your own .
    Looks something special to me , the fact he has come through the ranks is a Brucey bonus .
    But fill your boots .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Put down your own .
    Looks something special to me , the fact he has come through the ranks is a Brucey bonus .
    But fill your boots .
    This. Haters got to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Put down your own .
    But fill your boots .
    I think you're missing the point a bit. It came up last season in one of the thousand other Colwill threads that part of the issue is the youngsters get massively overhyped on here (I've been guilty of this in the past) and these type of threads are a reaction to it.

The fans always seem to be behind the youngsters at games and want them to do well, it's just a message board issue to me. There'll be a reaction when Cian Ashford finally gets a league run out too. The way he's getting talked about on here people are going to be expecting Messi.

One other quick thing about Colwill, and any other maverick player whether young or not. TOBW mentioned Tomlin earlier and he is an incredibly hard act to follow here. In that 2019-20 season he had 9 goals and 10 assists in 35 Championship games and he wasn't playing the 90 minutes for most of them. So many times I've said to my eldest about Colwill 'he's not Tomlin' but it's not fair for a number of reasons. Tomlin spoilt us all that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I think you're missing the point a bit. It came up last season in one of the thousand other Colwill threads that part of the issue is the youngsters get massively overhyped on here (I've been guilty of this in the past) and these type of threads are a reaction to it.

The fans always seem to be behind the youngsters at games and want them to do well, it's just a message board issue to me. There'll be a reaction when Cian Ashford finally gets a league run out too. The way he's getting talked about on here people are going to be expecting Messi.

One other quick thing about Colwill, and any other maverick player whether young or not. TOBW mentioned Tomlin earlier and he is an incredibly hard act to follow here. In that 2019-20 season he had 9 goals and 10 assists in 35 Championship games and he wasn't playing the 90 minutes for most of them. So many times I've said to my eldest about Colwill 'he's not Tomlin' but it's not fair for a number of reasons. Tomlin spoilt us all that season.
    This is exactly how i see it. Young players are overhyped, and maybe those who take exception to those who analyse Colwill's game in a way that doesn't fit their point of view should show some caution when making judgements over a young player who is still developing both physically and mentally, you'd have thought that they had watched enough football over the years to understand that things don't always work out the way they think they will concerning developing players. So it's them who put the pressure on by being loud and garish when a little bit of caution needs exercising.

Take a look at how emotive some of the posts are in this thread. 'Haters' 'One of our own' that's just deflection really, it's meaningless, and it doesn't address any of the issues raised about Colwill.

We have had countless threads on Colwill, but nothing of substance in my opinion. The posters who feel the need to defend him don't really give good reason as to why some aspects of his game seems a bit flawed on times, and those who are critical just pick up on the obvious things that we all sort of knew already, so there's no balance from either side, battle lines are drawn and it gets emotive.

Colwill sure does have ability. Great technique, that's certain. But in my opinion he lacks vision and composure, there have been several occasions this season where he has been in very good positions and he has fluffed his lines, snatching at the ball, pulling it wide etc. Then he produces what i think is the best cross i've seen from a city player this season (Against Blackburn-The one we didn't score from) The technique, weight, pace and where he put it was all majestic. Yet we don't have thee kinds of debates, it's either the managers fault, the formation, the players around him, or that people just hate him. Absolutely ridiculous and child like. I've no doubt all those things i've listed can and do hinder him as a player, but they aren't an excuse for his poor decision making, his poor technique at crucial times and his lack of awareness on times. That's on him, and i'll also say this, with better players comes more expectation and less tolerance, things actually become more difficult, the same way it would for us lot if we were thrown in with people who expected more from us, higher standards and no excuses. By that logic Kion etete would do better for Liverpool or Man City that he does with us because there would be a supply. As we know, that's nonsence, he'd be three seconds behind those players in thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This is exactly how i see it. Young players are overhyped, and maybe those who take exception to those who analyse Colwill's game in a way that doesn't fit their point of view should show some caution when making judgements over a young player who is still developing both physically and mentally, you'd have thought that they had watched enough football over the years to understand that things don't always work out the way they think they will concerning developing players. So it's them who put the pressure on by being loud and garish when a little bit of caution needs exercising.

Take a look at how emotive some of the posts are in this thread. 'Haters' 'One of our own' that's just deflection really, it's meaningless, and it doesn't address any of the issues raised about Colwill.

We have had countless threads on Colwill, but nothing of substance in my opinion. The posters who feel the need to defend him don't really give good reason as to why some aspects of his game seems a bit flawed on times, and those who are critical just pick up on the obvious things that we all sort of knew already, so there's no balance from either side, battle lines are drawn and it gets emotive.

Colwill sure does have ability. Great technique, that's certain. But in my opinion he lacks vision and composure, there have been several occasions this season where he has been in very good positions and he has fluffed his lines, snatching at the ball, pulling it wide etc. Then he produces what i think is the best cross i've seen from a city player this season (Against Blackburn-The one we didn't score from) The technique, weight, pace and where he put it was all majestic. Yet we don't have thee kinds of debates, it's either the managers fault, the formation, the players around him, or that people just hate him. Absolutely ridiculous and child like. I've no doubt all those things i've listed can and do hinder him as a player, but they aren't an excuse for his poor decision making, his poor technique at crucial times and his lack of awareness on times. That's on him, and i'll also say this, with better players comes more expectation and less tolerance, things actually become more difficult, the same way it would for us lot if we were thrown in with people who expected more from us, higher standards and no excuses. By that logic Kion etete would do better for Liverpool or Man City that he does with us because there would be a supply. As we know, that's nonsence, he'd be three seconds behind those players in thinking.
    Was thinking all the way through reading the post that Etete was having a bit of a break from proceedings……and you had to go and spoil it at the death

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

I think.Colwill is a less composed footballer than he was two seasons ago, that suggests to me that he’s been handled poorly by his managers at the club in the intervening period.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think.Colwill is a less composed footballer than he was two seasons ago, that suggests to me that he’s been handled poorly by his managers at the club in the intervening period.
    Or he's just developed into a less composed footballer. You may be right with your suggestion, but we don't know for sure.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Some players do get worse as they get older though through fear and responsibility and they have to do what they need to do, some people say the same about Grealish.