+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by superflyblues View Post
    I was implying that your initial statement about teachers not going to school because of the work from home regs was/is wrong.
    Logic would indicate that a literal interpretation of what Dripford has laid down would indicate that xsnaggle is correct. Remote learning has been used before, therefore teachers can work from home.

The "common sense" view is that learning should be in person where applicable - special needs provision really demands it tbh. The issue is that Dripford issues broad edicts without considering edge cases. Ban Welsh football fans from home games, allow them to go to away games in England.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that a literal interpretation of what Dripford has laid down would indicate that xsnaggle is correct. Remote learning has been used before, therefore teachers can work from home.

The "common sense" view is that learning should be in person where applicable - special needs provision really demands it tbh. The issue is that Dripford issues broad edicts without considering edge cases. Ban Welsh football fans from home games, allow them to go to away games in England.
    Online shopping is a thing, therefore all shops should close type logic. Brilliant.

Online shopping is a thing, therefore all shops should close type logic. Brilliant.
    Logic would indicate you've the reading capacity of a dead slug.

Your analogy is utterly false. How can a shop worker work online? Can they stock shelves virtually? Tesco online is a separate entity within the Tesco chain from the stores division, for example.

The point being made which is clearly miles above your head, is that a literal interpretation of Dripford's edicts indicate schools should close. Apart from those children who use public transport, teaching can be conducted remotely as it has been before - with some specific exceptions. As was pointed out, Dripford doesn't consider nuances and edge cases.
    Last edited by logic; 26-12-21 at 15:19. Reason: typo

Logic would indicate you're the reading capacity of a dead slug.

Your analogy is utterly false. How can a shop worker work online? Can they stock shelves virtually? Tesco online is a separate entity within the Tesco chain from the stores division, for example.

The point being made which is clearly miles above your head, is that a literal interpretation of Dripford's edicts indicate schools should close. Apart from those children who use public transport, teaching can be conducted remotely as it has been before - with some specific exceptions. As was pointed out, Dripford doesn't consider nuances and edge cases.
    Oh dear. Made me chuckle though, so thanks for that.

International

Oh dear. Made me chuckle though, so thanks for that.
    Is that code for "I have no answer to that?"

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is that code for "I have no answer to that?"
    Exactly that, I've been beaten by my intellectual superiors possibly due to my 'dead slug' reading capacity.

International

Exactly that, I've been beaten by my intellectual superiors possibly due to my 'dead slug' reading capacity.
    good of you to be so magnanimous in defeat!!

Logic would indicate you've the reading capacity of a dead slug.

Whenever I read a post of yours I imagine you back in August 2021 thinking "oh my god I'm gonna call myself logic and then start replies with logic would indicate, it's gonna be absolute class" and then going to the effort of making an account and it makes me so glad I've never done that

International

Which is precisely what he did before when he made Supermarkets barrier off 'non-essential' aisles to prevent people from buying things that might disadvantage shops he forced to close, without even considering on-line shopping, as a result of which both suffered. Of course on-line shopping was OK because he didn't ban delivery drivers, they are essential workers.

So are you suggesting that he should do the same again or accepting and agreeing that his edicts have nothing to do with protecting anything and have no real solid justification?