+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Brexit Bonus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another Brexit Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    20211118_183619.jpg

so is Brexit bad? or have we just handled covid worse than anyone else?
    We don't know until we get out of Covid .

I suggest its remarkable to see where we are considering the doom and gloom fired out by many over Brexit and then Covid .

Is the country more resilient than we thought and were the right decisions made .

And I do wonder if the painful austerity measures applied due to financial crash has given us some wriggle room, although it did cause pain for a lot of working folk ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We don't know until we get out of Covid .

I suggest its remarkable to see where we are considering the doom and gloom fired out by many over Brexit and then Covid .

Is the country more resilient than we thought and were the right decisions made .

And I do wonder if the painful austerity measures applied due to financial crash has given us some wriggle room, although it did cause pain for a lot of working folk ??
    It’s been claimed that it caused more than pain.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom...than-expected/

Although it's an urban myth that Mao stated that it was too early to tell what the effects of the French Revolution were, it's very early days to make an objective valuation about Brexit in this unusual short-term.
    From a personal perspective, a friend of mine works in a food export business which is now laying off staff due to the bureacracy, difficulties and expense of exporting perishable food to the EU - and that's after they lost a quite a few EU citizens who were members of staff in the warehouse and decamped earlier this year due to Brexit. It seems that the company is either going to relocate in The Netherlands or go out of business. A singular anecdote and meaningless in the great scheme of things perhaps.
    I also spend one weekend a month walking the South West Coast Path and staff shortages in pubs, cafés and restaurants are commonplace. It's not totally clear as to how much that problem is down to Covid and/or Brexit respectively but let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Although it's an urban myth that Mao stated that it was too early to tell what the effects of the French Revolution were, it's very early days to make an objective valuation about Brexit in this unusual short-term.
    From a personal perspective, a friend of mine works in a food export business which is now laying off staff due to the bureacracy, difficulties and expense of exporting perishable food to the EU - and that's after they lost a quite a few EU citizens who were members of staff in the warehouse and decamped earlier this year due to Brexit. It seems that the company is either going to relocate in The Netherlands or go out of business. A singular anecdote and meaningless in the great scheme of things perhaps.
    I also spend one weekend a month walking the South West Coast Path and staff shortages in pubs, cafés and restaurants are commonplace. It's not totally clear as to how much that problem is down to Covid and/or Brexit respectively but let's wait and see.
    Quite right. We need to wait and see.

In the meantime we will all draw our own conclusions and interpretations from news as it emerges.

In that context, this looks a little desperate

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1976711.html

(CAVEAT, DISCLAIMER etc: It's from the 'lefty' independent, contains no facts and figures, and may well result in 'confirmation bias' )