+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1st team players to feature against Hereford

1st team players to feature against Hereford

From Hereford's website:
    Although our opponents are being labelled as an U23 team, their manager, Steve Morison, has confirmed that a ‘strong squad’ will be heading to Edgar Street.

“With the start of the season getting ever near, we have two games this weekend and we will be sending a strong squad to both of them,” he said after watching his side play out a goalless draw at Shrewsbury Town. “There will be players who won’t be able to get the required number of minutes at Swindon on Saturday so they will be involved at Hereford.”

Re: 1st team players to feature against Hereford

I would imagine our club will be trying their best to sell the game , something they don't always do very well.

If any of you are going the Barrels still does a happy hour Sunday lunchtime. Wye Valley beers, just under 15 mins walk from the ground.

The fixture's not on the club's website, not even under U21 or U18. Doubt I'll be able to watch in on Cardiff City TV then

I wonder if Colwill will get any minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if Colwill will get any minutes
    Joel might.

There has been very little information on the injured players (Davies, Colwill, Adams and Ralls) in any post match interviews with the manager. The questions haven't been asked, and he hasn't offered anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen Bull View Post
    I would imagine our club will be trying their best to sell the game , something they don't always do very well.

If any of you are going the Barrels still does a happy hour Sunday lunchtime. Wye Valley beers, just under 15 mins walk from the ground.
    Is Steve Burr still there? I used to work with him years ago, just as he was starting his managerial career. He really is a top bloke

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    Is Steve Burr still there? I used to work with him years ago, just as he was starting his managerial career. He really is a top bloke
    I was at Edgar Street on Tuesday speaking to the groundsman who is Jarrod Bowens uncle. The away end is condemned now which is sad to see, and the local council are going to build flats in the same space.

The rest the of the ground looks nice and I love the floodlights.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

The floodlights at Edgar Street always remind me of my first visit there, April 1977. As the floodlights came into view one wag on our coach remarked that they looked like Subbuteo floodlights. Cue the whole bus chanting for the next five minutes until we pulled up outside the ground 'Subbuteo!, Subbuteo!, Subbuteo!

No doubt they have changed a lot since then. Not been there since the mid 90s though

From memory we drew that game 2-2 and Robin Friday got sent off ?

I was at Edgar Street on Tuesday speaking to the groundsman who is Jarrod Bowens uncle. The away end is condemned now which is sad to see, and the local council are going to build flats in the same space.

away end was never the best

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    away end was never the best
    It’s very similar to the “Ronnie Redford” end I think .

In 1972 Hereford United were elected in place of Barrow despite not winning the Southern League that year. I heard they got admitted on the back of the Newcastle United result.

Barrow fans finally feel vindicated as they are now a League Club again.

It’s very similar to the “Ronnie Redford” end I think .

In 1972 Hereford United were elected in place of Barrow despite not winning the Southern League that year. I heard they got admitted on the back of the Newcastle United result.

Barrow fans finally feel vindicated as they are now a League Club again.
    Robert’s brother?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Robert’s brother?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    He is, yes. Assistant manager. I've not heard anyone say anything but good things about him.

There will be typically one eyed commentary on Radio Hereford FC. https://www.herefordfc.co.uk/match-live/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    The floodlights at Edgar Street always remind me of my first visit there, April 1977. As the floodlights came into view one wag on our coach remarked that they looked like Subbuteo floodlights. Cue the whole bus chanting for the next five minutes until we pulled up outside the ground 'Subbuteo!, Subbuteo!, Subbuteo!

No doubt they have changed a lot since then. Not been there since the mid 90s though

From memory we drew that game 2-2 and Robin Friday got sent off ?
    Did you know that 'Subbuteo' is the scientific name for the bird we know as the 'hobby falcon?'.
    The inventor of the eponymous game wanted to call the football game 'Hobby' but that would not be permitted by trademark authorities as it was an existing word that was generic and used across the board for many pastimes. The inventor then artfully found a different way to involve a version of the word 'hobby' in the product's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did you know that 'Subbuteo' is the scientific name for the bird we know as the 'hobby falcon?'.
    The inventor of the eponymous game wanted to call the football game 'Hobby' but that would not be permitted by trademark authorities as it was an existing word that was generic and used across the board for many pastimes. The inventor then artfully found a different way to involve a version of the word 'hobby' in the product's name.
    That is fantastic.
    😀