+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awake and a Bit Excited

Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah i actually think most of us would be fairly happy with say a 3 2 defeat in an open end to end game. I am sure the players would be applauded off for that.

The good thing about it being norwich is nobody expects anything. The bad thing is we could start with ng at centre half and realise norwich in the league is different to swindon in a pre season friendly and be 3 0 down in 20 mins......
    Id rather we play crap , boring game and sneak a 1 nil win.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ll be in the Canton Hotel for the free bar about 30 seconds after the final whistle
    Free food too, feck it haha

Come on city

Have it !

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    But I said the sort of team Norwich are going to put out - Pukki is not all about aerial battling and power, it seems to me that you need someone with some pace and anticipation against him and that would not be a Sean Morrison who’ll be thirty two in January. In a fortnight, we face Birmingham who could pick someone like Jutkiewicz who would dominate Ng in the air, then it becomes a different argument and Kipre and Ng looks a bit more vulnerable.
    Morrison is a leader and will organise the back 4 which has looked a bit of a mess so far. He’s also an excellent centre back. It’s not just about his strength in the air.

Not only that but we need to compete at set pieces. Morrison is very good at both ends with that.

His passing is better than he gets credit for too.

I’m also not one for swapping defenders around. Organisation and partnerships are SO important.

I’m also yet to be convinced that Ng is an answer in a 2. Hopefully it works out for him as I’m not expecting Morrison to be back soon, and even so it’ll be a big ask for him to get back to his previous level

Same here.
    Up before 5.00am

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Morrison is a leader and will organise the back 4 which has looked a bit of a mess so far. He’s also an excellent centre back. It’s not just about his strength in the air.

Not only that but we need to compete at set pieces. Morrison is very good at both ends with that.

His passing is better than he gets credit for too.

I’m also not one for swapping defenders around. Organisation and partnerships are SO important.

I’m also yet to be convinced that Ng is an answer in a 2. Hopefully it works out for him as I’m not expecting Morrison to be back soon, and even so it’ll be a big ask for him to get back to his previous level
    I am pretty sure Mozzer will be given a new contract when he is fit again - provided the club are confident he can get back to his previous levels. He was in the Championship team of the season just a few years ago, the No 4 shirt is unclaimed, and Dalman said something about having a conversation with him and his agent at the right time when asked during the Q&A on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I am pretty sure Mozzer will be given a new contract when he is fit again - provided the club are confident he can get back to his previous levels. He was in the Championship team of the season just a few years ago, the No 4 shirt is unclaimed, and Dalman said something about having a conversation with him and his agent at the right time when asked during the Q&A on YouTube.
    Fingers crossed. With Flint leaving as well it feels like we are short of experience and leadership in there.

I think McGuinness can be a success, not overly impressed with Nelson, yet to see enough to judge on Kipre and nervous about Ng in a two, Denham is decent and may also develop into a decent centre half so still room for improvement in that position

Morrison wasn’t at his best last season, but even so he’s got enough credit in the bank to deserve a chance.

Fingers crossed. With Flint leaving as well it feels like we are short of experience and leadership in there.

I think McGuinness can be a success, not overly impressed with Nelson, yet to see enough to judge on Kipre and nervous about Ng in a two, Denham is decent and may also develop into a decent centre half so still room for improvement in that position

Morrison wasn’t at his best last season, but even so he’s got enough credit in the bank to deserve a chance.
    Agreed, would love to see Morrison back at some point, a real asset and leader.
    I do feel the same way as you about Nelson unfortunately, he actually played fairly well alongside Morrison but hasn't looked good enough without him.

I think in McGuiness and Denham we have some potential but the fact that Ng is being thrown in there, is slightly worrying. It suggests maybe neither are considered ready which is a concern given we only really have Kipre!

Would be interested to know how close or far away from first team action, Steve Morrison considers both Denham and McGuiness to be.

At work but looking forward to it, hoping for a dodgepot stream

excited now, no idea how good we will be, which is a big part of it.
    start of the week I was thinking we could get a win. now I'm just hoping we don't get hammered

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Same looking forward to it

Going to have to look back through the signings to see who's who, and try and work out where they are playing!
    I’ve cheated, I’ve printed off the names and squad numbers, so if you see someone glancing at a sheet of A4 in the grandstand every couple of seconds give us a wave. My days of buying a programme are long gone, the fanzine days saw to that.

Must have been subconsciously excited a few hours ago, missus woke me up after I kicked her. For some reason I was playing for the City against Sheffield United () during the night, Ramsey (again ) had a go at me for not getting stuck in .......so I did. Laid awake then just in case she was through on goal and I had to do the necessary.

Wideos now, I’ve had the tom tit, the early shave (don’t want to nick yourself before getting the bus later, funny how you if you shave just before going out you always have a bloody mishap), cup of tea.

I can’t remember feeling like this on season opening day since I was playing, I couldn’t sleep at all then. Jesus, I hope it’s to no avail and the boys perform later. C’mon the City.......or have I got to wait for some aggression until we play the Blades?

I’ve cheated, I’ve printed off the names and squad numbers, so if you see someone glancing at a sheet of A4 in the grandstand every couple of seconds give us a wave. My days of buying a programme are long gone, the fanzine days saw to that.
    I took a screenshot of the squad and numbers on my phone. E|asier than pulling a piece of A4 out of my pocket avery two minutes.
    Spedger

could be worse, could be a A3 sheet due to poor eyesight

Morning Tim, something does feel slightly different about the club. Just hope it’s not a false dawn.
    FFS you and Tim are like small children on Christmas Eve. It will end in tears boys.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    3.45am I was awake and raiding the fridge.

Been listening to Tony Blackburn since 6.00am, feel like a teenager again.

Very strange feeling indeed.

What’s in store for us, nobody knows !
    Where does Tony Blackburn broadcast these days?

Hard to believe this was 55 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cf0rTxlB5o

When Scoular was king!!

But I digress

I wonder what our opening match was that season?

Can't remember without looking it up

I’ve got a pen & paper ready to take the team names & numbers down, so as to keep track

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Where does Tony Blackburn broadcast these days?

Hard to believe this was 55 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cf0rTxlB5o

When Scoular was king!!

But I digress

I wonder what our opening match was that season?

Can't remember without looking it up
    RADIO 2 6.00am till 8.00am every Saturday. Sounds of the 60’s

I’ve got a pen & paper ready to take the team names & numbers down, so as to keep track
    First time in 64 seasons I've had to download a copy of the squad names and numbers. Probs be able to bin it by Christmas?

Not sure I’m excited about the new season as I'm fretting over Lucas Joao’s latest injury. Some things don’t change.
    Anyway apart from next Saturday and our return fixture I hope the bluebirds fly.

RADIO 2 6.00am till 8.00am every Saturday. Sounds of the 60’s
    Ah My era

I'm sometiems awake at 6 on a saturday.Might have a listen one day

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Not sure I’m excited about the new season as I'm fretting over Lucas Joao’s latest injury. Some things don’t change.
    Anyway apart from next Saturday and our return fixture I hope the bluebirds fly.
    You seem to get terrible luck with injuries there Mike.

What’s up with him now ?

Are Meite and Ejaria back ?

You seem to get terrible luck with injuries there Mike.

What’s up with him now ?

Are Meite and Ejaria back ?
    It’s the usual innocuous injury where he seemed to have twisted his knee juggling with the ball on the touchline. Rumours are he is out for 8 to 10 weeks to having a late fitness test before today’s match. We will find out soon enough.
    Meite and Ejaria both fit. Big fan of Meite. He is looking sharp.

So Tim where are Cardiff finishing this season? You look very solid in midfield but a bit short of goals up top,

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s the usual innocuous injury where he seemed to have twisted his knee juggling with the ball on the touchline. Rumours are he is out for 8 to 10 weeks to having a late fitness test before today’s match. We will find out soon enough.
    Meite and Ejaria both fit. Big fan of Meite. He is looking sharp.

So Tim where are Cardiff finishing this season? You look very solid in midfield but a bit short of goals up top,
    Lower mid table I’d expect Mike

Lower mid table I’d expect Mike
    Yep agree. Got you down to finish 15th and us 19th.