+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 NORWICH CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v NORWICH CITY. Match thread

Beautiful, Wintle and Kipre brilliant.

Great result, I’m sure some people will find a way to knock Morison but from that game I feel we have a team with a plan and an identity. Still early days and still plenty and plenty to work on but it’s a great start. I thought the new signings did well. I’d still like a CB and two strikers, I think someone like Hugill would give us an extra dimension.

Very pleased, great start to the season.

Fantastic result!
    This will be a massive confidence boost, right at the start of the season. Couldn't have wished for better.

Great 3 points. We didn't create much at all, but at east we aren't a push over in the middle of the park any more.

Kipre - can’t remember the last time we had a centre half so calm on the ball
    Collins - exciting going forward and barey put a foot wrong
    Wintle - composed and in control
    Harris - got much more involved than Watters
    Allsop - looked very good

So many good individual performances today.

And to be able to bring Ralls and an improved Sang off the bench to keep the midfield ticking...so so good.

Great performance throughout the team and Morisson seems to have uncovered a clutch of gems; Collins and Kipre were outstanding but it looks like we've got quality players in Rinhomota, Romeo, Sawyer's and O' Dowda. Wintle just oozes quality and seems to get better and better every time I see him.

Only one performance but I'm more impressed with this version of Ojo than the previous one. Great to see Tom Sang back. The only slight criticism is that I'd like to see Alsopp's kicking improve.

With the likes of Philogene and maybe a new striker to come this performance and result has whetted the appetite much more than I expected.

Sky sports, on an iPad, up a mountain in Slovakia, & a win against the favourites, what more could you want?

Excellent 3 points.

Kipre and Wintle stood out for me but the whole team deserve praise.

Great start!

That was a great game to watch.

My hopes before the game was to see a glimpse of what Morison was hoping to establish as the new playing style. This in a game that would likely end in defeat to the Championship favourites.

However I find myself pleasantly surprised by a team that despite only knowing each other for less than a tomato season, were organised, well drilled and never gave Norwich a moment to sit on the ball and look comfortable. The final third was a bit toothless and definitely highlights the need for further options beyond Watters and Harris. Yet encouraging signs as Cardiff look to retrieve the ball and go on the attack when given the opportunity.

Collins, Kipré and Wintle were the stand out performers today, they rarely put a foot wrong.

Ref was a peculiar one today, very whistle happy which seemed to upset both teams even if the whistle was in favour of Norwich. A weak second yellow for both Ng and Hanley, the latter of which helped ease my anxiety somewhat.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Excellent 3 points.

Kipre and Wintle stood out for me but the whole team deserve praise.

Great start!
    A good team in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Kipre - can’t remember the last time we had a centre half so calm on the ball
    Collins - exciting going forward and barey put a foot wrong
    Wintle - composed and in control
    Harris - got much more involved than Watters
    Allsop - looked very good
    My Internet stream was down for long periods of the game. So, perhaps I'm not the best to judge players overall.
    However, from what I saw - Allsop was very composed and did what he needed to do efficiently.
    Collins looked great, you can see he's comfortable with the ball at his feet and really gets involved.

So so refreshing, not a long throw in sight, plenty of scrapping in midfield it was like seeing colour for the first time. Well done City a great start and a clean sheet.

Hughill holding the ball up in the.fi
    4nal third

1st half was much better than we've seen for a while, and that was pleasing, but we weren't really creating much. 2nd half the game opened up a bit and then we saw that players were more comfortable on the ball and tried to work openings. If we had won that game a year or two ago, then we would have been hanging on from the moment we scored the goal, it would have been desperate viewing. We were never desperate and we weren't hanging on. Shows that there's a plan and that players have been brought in to play rather than stop.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 NORWICH CITY. Match thread

I'll watch that every week.

So much better than last year. Confidence on the ball.

Need a striker now.

Didn’t expect this….like the sound of what’s building…

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    I'll watch that every week.

So much better than last year. Confidence on the ball.

Need a striker now.
    Really liked the work in the wide areas and the little one twos. Just need that final ball or maybe some extra confidence. Very good though.

just have to hope for a good press'er from SM now otherwise this board aint going to be happy

Lovely stuff, well done Steve! Wintle was excellent as was Collins, O'Dowda was bright aswell

Harris - Never seen a man fouled so much but not get a free kick! At one point he was penalised for being pulled to the floor!

Collins was my MOTM, closely followed by Wintle

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Collins was my MOTM, closely followed by Wintle
    Wintle for me followed by Kipre and Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wintle for me followed by Kipre and Collins
    Exactly the same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Sky sports, on an iPad, up a mountain in Slovakia, & a win against the favourites, what more could you want?
    Zakopane? Beautiful place. Shame it was snow storm we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Lovely stuff, well done Steve! Wintle was excellent as was Collins, O'Dowda was bright aswell

Harris - Never seen a man fouled so much but not get a free kick! At one point he was penalised for being pulled to the floor!
    Total exasperation with that ref. Short of putting on Sparkey's shirt; how much more pulling did he have to put up with? And then he gives a Norwich free kick. Definately not fit to ref.