+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Peltier

Lee Peltier

Starting for West Brom against Spurs today.

Shouldn't have let him go, he never let us down, he could still do a job for us, etc.

Re: Lee Peltier

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Shouldn't have let him go, he never let us down, he could still do a job for us, etc.
    Cardiff City making a poor decision with a player, never.

Good to see him getting game time though, great block just now

And Bale on the bench again, he could have done a good job for us, attendances would have doubled and shirt sales would have gone through the roof. If only….

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And Bale on the bench again, he could have done a good job for us, attendances would have doubled and shirt sales would have gone through the roof. If only….
    We had a "ROOF"

to be fair, it was an odd one at the time

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    to be fair, it was an odd one at the time
    Probably on a few quid, knocking on in age and wasn't going to get up and down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Probably on a few quid, knocking on in age and wasn't going to get up and down the line.
    Letting him go and replacing him with Ng wouldn't have been an issue. It's the right back choices in the 12 months in between!

He's 34, they're losing 2-0 and and have 12 points in the PL so far this season. The past is the past. Squads move on, players move on, form changes. He's 35 in December and West Brom have extended his contract by a year, apparently. They must be crazy. We made the right decision in letting him go.

IMO NG is one of the best club signings in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Yup, plays with his head up, looks to make a pass and is comfortable. Something to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He's 34, they're losing 2-0 and and have 12 points in the PL so far this season. The past is the past. Squads move on, players move on, form changes. He's 35 in December and West Brom have extended his contract by a year, apparently. They must be crazy. We made the right decision in letting him go.
    I was taking the piss!

I was taking the piss!
    You know, I did wonder but it's been hard to tell on here recently! Thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This.

Not exactly rocket science is it?

I can’t believe the club sold that Ramsay fella! He’s doing alright at Juventus and could have done a job for us.
    Club’s a joke, mun.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I wonder who signed him Harris or the committee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I wonder who signed him Harris or the committee?
    Ng said the CEO met him, and Harris said it was the club but stopped clocks are right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Ng said the CEO met him, and Harris said it was the club but STOPPED clocks are right twice a day.

Not if they are 24 hour clocks

In twelve months Peltier has made four appearances for West Brom - two in the Premier League and two in the EFL Cup. He is also now 34 and was actually released by West Brom last summer, no one was interested in taking him and he then re-signed for the baggies on a short term deal in September. That just about says it all for me.