+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City's Latest Accounts: Trust Chair Gives His Analysis.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City's Latest Accounts: Trust Chair Gives His Analysis.

Swiss Ramble's take on City's latest accounts;-

https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamb...47425607991298

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Thanks, I always like the additional context he gives vs the other clubs in the league, it at least makes me feel like I understand what's going on.

A couple of things stood out to me:

1 - how reliant we are on Vincent Tan
    2 - how most championship clubs seem to lose a lot of money
    3 - the money from the premier league and parachute payments has been largely squandered, and things will be tight next season.

4 - we would have broken even this season if it wasn't for covid
    5 - how little money we have made over the years from player sales

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Always interesting commentary. The context comments are most useful to me:

Although #CardiffCity £12m loss is clearly not great, it was around mid-table in the Championship with many clubs reporting much larger losses in 2019/20, including Stoke City £88m, #LUFC £62m (large promotion bonus), Reading £42m, #Boro £36m and WBA £23m.

It is also worth noting that some clubs’ figures have been boosted by the sale of stadiums, especially #DCFC £40m and #SWFC £38m, so their underlying profitability was even worse than reported.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Always interesting commentary. The context comments are most useful to me:

Although #CardiffCity £12m loss is clearly not great, it was around mid-table in the Championship with many clubs reporting much larger losses in 2019/20, including Stoke City £88m, #LUFC £62m (large promotion bonus), Reading £42m, #Boro £36m and WBA £23m.

It is also worth noting that some clubs’ figures have been boosted by the sale of stadiums, especially #DCFC £40m and #SWFC £38m, so their underlying profitability was even worse than reported.
    Swiss Ramble always does a very good analysis and comparison with other clubs in the Championship for the season being reviewed.

As you say the profits for Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are artificially boosted by a (dubious?) sale of their stadia.

Of the remaining few clubs that reported a profit , Swansea benefitted from the fact that their accounts year end is July. Therefore they had the complete season`s income in their turnover figure while as we lost about £11m from our financial year end finishing before the season finished - which will benefit us in financial year 2020/21 though.
    I haven`t looked at what year end the other clubs reporting slightly better figures than us have but it may be that some of them benefit in the same way as Swansea.