+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: May 7th, 2012. Ten years ago today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: May 7th, 2012. Ten years ago today

Little did we know back then just how high a percentage of City fans would either shrug their shoulders and meekly accept the re-brand or actively support it.

On a personal level, I learned a great deal from this episode. It changed everything for me and plenty of others, although in reality we were in a small minority.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Little did we know back then just how high a percentage of City fans would either shrug their shoulders and meekly accept the re-brand or actively support it.

On a personal level, I learned a great deal from this episode. It changed everything for me and plenty of others, although in reality we were in a small minority.
    The acceptance of the red by so many was the worst part of the whole thing for me. I've never been much of a football shirt wearer anyway, but I'd never buy anything with the word Malaysia or the Chinese dragon on it. I was given a scarf with the dragon bagde, my daughter wears it to school. I've still got the blue/white/yellow scarf I've had since 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The acceptance of the red by so many was the worst part of the whole thing for me. I've never been much of a football shirt wearer anyway, but I'd never buy anything with the word Malaysia or the Chinese dragon on it. I was given a scarf with the dragon bagde, my daughter wears it to school. I've still got the blue/white/yellow scarf I've had since 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Your average football fan these days, almost as fickle as those in Asia who sometimes just follow a player rather than a team and support whoever he plays for. South Wales is the glory hunting capital of the uk without a doubt. Embarrassing