+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cost Of Living Crisis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cost Of Living Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'll be off soon to visit the barber and then proceed to get sloshed at two of my favourite drinking dens.

Both have beer gardens. It's where I linger. I wait for the unwary to come within doom-mongering range. I don't care how happy/relaxed/content they are initially because I almost always ensure their mood soon becomes gloomy before depression sets in.

I shall return tomorrow to submit messages, none of which will be happy-clappy.
    It's cute how you think you're bringing their mood down with hard truths when the reality is they went to the pub with friends and are annoyed that they're being bothered by an uninvited man holding a plastic bag and spittling while he talks

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's cute how you think you're bringing their mood down with hard truths when the reality is they went to the pub with friends and are annoyed that they're being bothered by an uninvited man holding a plastic bag and spittling while he talks
    For the first time in a very long while, I think organ might be right. He almost certainly does bring their mood down.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    For the first time in a very long while, I think organ might be right. He almost certainly does bring their mood down.
    I was stymied yesterday. The barber's was heaving and I didn't fancy waiting for hours. Both pubs were virtually empty. However, I believe I did manage to ruin one bloke's day. I would like to think before returning home he visited a supermarket to exit with a carrier bag in each hand weighed down with a load of tins.

It seems you are determined to remain complacent. Time for one of my favourite quotes. It's from Ayn Rand, author of Atlas Shrugged: You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

If your plan is to Lewis Hamilton it to your nearest Tesco to fill the boot and back seats up with loads of grub within hours of learning of whatever event is planned to kickstart the collapse has happened, then you'll likely find yourself in a giant scrum down every aisle battling others for the last bag of frozen sprouts, etc.