Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Agree. We will struggle defensively, but we also need to be a bit more positive in possession, quicker, get players in good positions etc. The lack of a striker is a problem, none of them can drop in and link up, Harris and Watters aint the brightest footballers to put a city shirt on. It's disjointed at the moment. Maybe this new guy from spurs can show up and do the things the other two can't. It's so important to have a half intelligent striker, especially if he's on his own up there. Playing three behind the striker means that he has to hold the ball up and wait for support, runners etc.
If anything, I'd be more critical of Harris than Watters because I regard him as more experienced in this division but is it really fair to ask either of them to play a game they're not suited to? The new lad's not going to be able to do it on his own either from what I've read about him. It's definitely disjointed. Morison can't carry on with a loan striker with the squad we've got. The new lad is 6'6" so you'd expect him to get cross after cross on his head or set-pieces, but apparently that's not his game. I can't see how we can get away without two up front.