Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
I may be very late to this, but it had completely passed my by... I hardly use facebook any more, there are 2 people who contact me on there, otherwise I would have deleted it ages ago. As I barely use it, and the last time I did use it I made sure I had the highest privacy settings I was fairly relaxed about them not having much of my data, especially as I never actually posted anything on there, or even open the app for weeks at a time. However, I just found out about off-facebook activity, where Facebook was keeping a log of what I was doing on other apps, purchased i'd made, websites I'd visited - all kinds of stuff that I had no idea was being tracked.

You can find it on the app somewhere described as "off facebook activity" and see what they've logged about you, then "delete" it and stop them from logging more.

Quite how they manage to square all this with GDPR legislation, as I'm reasonably computer literate and I had no idea they were keeping this information about me - clearly any consent for it they have obtained had a fairly low bar for informed consent.
If the EU were so minded I think they could go after them on this.
go on app in menu on app and press privacy shortcuts scroll down until you find it on facebook information centre and clear the history