+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mccarthys contract extension- could be a mistake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mccarthys contract extension- could be a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Dalman apparently said on radio this am that MM was offered the contract now as he had offers from other clubs.
    If that’s true, then the decision was made under duress - the club was probably strong armed into offering him this deal in order to keep him, which is not exactly in line with having a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    If that’s true, then the decision was made under duress - the club was probably strong armed into offering him this deal in order to keep him, which is not exactly in line with having a plan.
    A plan.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Strong armed? By who? The club reacted to the situation and made a decision. It happens. You can't just make up your own rules. MM's own work at Cardiff City has increased his value and his bargaining position. He's not my first choice, but I've been impressed by what he's done so far. He seems open-minded to using younger players and to playing a bit of football if/when we can. As long as he doesn't waste a bunch of money on old, limited players who can "do a job" (as in, can only do one thing somewhat effectively) then I suppose I'm OK with a 2-year deal.