+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Commonwealth Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Commonwealth Games

Wales gave England a bit of a fright beforelosing 4-2 and they beat Canada in their other game - India, who we'll almost certainly lose to, are the other team besides Ghana in their group. We’re 2-1 up on Ghana currently - make that 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales gave England a bit of a fright beforelosing 4-2 and they beat Canada in their other game - India, who we'll almost certainly lose to, are the other team besides Ghana in their group. We’re 2-1 up on Ghana currently - make that 3-1.
    Going up for the India game tomorrow, looking forward to it. The England game was a great bit of sport, plenty of Welsh support in the sell-out crowd and the players didn't let anyone down.

India have already won 11-0 and 8-0 this week, it could well be something similar tomorrow but it's their fourth game in five days so hopefully there'll be some tired legs. Probably wishful thinking though. My lad's 100th cap tomorrow - it'll be nice to be there for that, whatever the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Going up for the India game tomorrow, looking forward to it. The England game was a great bit of sport, plenty of Welsh support in the sell-out crowd and the players didn't let anyone down.

India have already won 11-0 and 8-0 this week, it could well be something similar tomorrow but it's their fourth game in five days so hopefully there'll be some tired legs. Probably wishful thinking though. My lad's 100th cap tomorrow - it'll be nice to be there for that, whatever the result.
    I watched a bit of England vIndia and was surprised to learn the eventual outcome because India looked to be comfortably the better team - they were 3-0 and 4-1 up before being pulled back to 4-4 weren’t they?

That suggests some tiredness on India’s part and, with such a congested fixture list for them you never know, but I’m guessing Wales have already fulfilled most people’ s realistic expectations for the tournament? Best of luck and congratulations to your boy on a great achievement- 100 caps for Wales puts him in a very exclusive club.

100 caps , well done your lad , enjoy the day

First Team

That is quite some achievement.
    I am guessing you are one very proud parent.