+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glastonbury

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surprised you never did it Matt, it was like a week long rave....used to go up on the Monday pm and leave the following one. My body couldn’t take that sort of abuse anymore. I’m just glad I survived some of the ridiculous stuff that went on. One year a normal looking dude with his misses camped right next to about 50 of us, he basically supplied us with E’s the whole time, god knows how many he had on him....Some nights no sleep at all up in the stone circle, random gigs at 4am in a tent in a field I’m not sure where it was even (massive attack and toots and Maytals), pear cider at the world music stage saw a young Amy winehouse there, so many DJs in the glade which was our general base during the week there. Finding my car after 7 days of fear and loathing was a mission, in 2002 I gave up trying to find it....
    Its funny, none of use fancied it, smelly hippies everywhere covered in mud and unwashed for the week, a 3 mile hike to the tent, our clobber getting covered in mud, smelly hippies everywhere, I have issues with portaloo's, i hate them ( at reading festival, we camped a few years, then just stayed in hotels, the Madejski or the hilton were good , even when camping at reading i would have to walk into town ( sometimes very fast ) to find a pub for breakfast and use the bogs ) oh and did i mention smelly unwashed hippies

though looking back and reading stories, i guess we missed a party hindsight and all that

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its funny, none of use fancied it, smelly hippies everywhere covered in mud and unwashed for the week, a 3 mile hike to the tent, our clobber getting covered in mud, smelly hippies everywhere, I have issues with portaloo's, i hate them ( at reading festival, we camped a few years, then just stayed in hotels, the Madejski or the hilton were good , even when camping at reading i would have to walk into town ( sometimes very fast ) to find a pub for breakfast and use the bogs ) oh and did i mention smelly unwashed hippies

though looking back and reading stories, i guess we missed a party hindsight and all that
    I thought the same to be honest through the 90’s and just loved going to clubs all over the place. Hooked up with a crowd who had always done both who persuaded us to give it a go, it wasn’t a difficult persuasion as he said you will never getting better music, women and drugs in the same place for a week. He was right

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I thought the same to be honest through the 90’s and just loved going to clubs all over the place. Hooked up with a crowd who had always done both who persuaded us to give it a go, it wasn’t a difficult persuasion as he said you will never getting better music, women and drugs in the same place for a week. He was right
    just seen been watching Glasto stuff on BBC2, chemical brothers at Glasto, i saw them at reading in 99

trying to think back about festivals and i remember one being just too good and it turned out to be reading 99, i guess at that time i was moving away from the rave scene and into middle aged rock, but i remember it being a great festival

Friday, Reef, Chemical bros, Charlatans
    Sat, The devine comedy, fun lovin criminals and Catatonia ( headline was Blur who i didnt really like, so we went and watched 3 colour red )
    Sunday, started early with Toploader on some small stage, then Feeder, terrorvision, Offspring, headiiners was RHCP ( which was a issue as Ice T was on in the rap tent, but we stuck with RHCP )