+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Johnson has no shame whatsoever, but we knew that already. The way in which he is currently clinging onto power is comical and cringeworthy in equal measures.

People actually voted for this man. There were millions who genuinely believed Johnson would make a good Prime Minister, but that’s the British public for you.
    Did they? I suppose his constituents did, but in the UK we have a parliamentary system, not a presidential system. The voters voted for the party, not the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Exactly this. They talk about supporting businesses then watch them rot. They sit as overpaid executives on boards that want a Trophy Director who's covertly lobbying in government (actually they're so brazen now they've stopped doing that) who's got no f*cking clue how to run the business of which they are a board member. The motivation of our state employees should be to help its citizens. Not just the ones who voted for their party or brand of politics. All of us.
    In fairness, the amount of support given to private business in the last two and half years is unprecedented in the history of the country.

Had the market been left to it's devices, then there quite literally would be millions unemployed right now

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Did they?
    Yes, they did. Very definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In fairness, the amount of support given to private business in the last two and half years is unprecedented in the history of the country.

Had the market been left to it's devices, then there quite literally would be millions unemployed right now
    That's not really a conservative achievement though is it. It's what any country should do when 90% of people can't go to work.

Steve Baker on TV again

People will know I have provided leadership and direction , integrity , honesty 🤣

He's one of the biggest chancers they have

Dreadful creep

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes, they did. Very definitely.
    How is this possible given his name was on just 1 of 650 ballot papers?

Did they? I suppose his constituents did, but in the UK we have a parliamentary system, not a presidential system. The voters voted for the party, not the man.
    With that logic, Corbyn had no effect on Labour's votes which makes all the effort the press put in to attacking him pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Johnson's cuddly name to the last. If you think he wouldn't try to use this period for some kind of grandstanding redemption attempt you have learned nothing from the last three years!
    Of course he will and I expect there to be moves, albeit unsuccessful ones I’d hope, claiming that he be allowed to carry on given the great job he’s making of the caretaker Prime Ministership.

Just been listening to a Tory biographer of Johnson’s who said in all seriousness that he will be thinking of becoming Prime Minister again - perhaps when the “grey nobody” they select in his place has been deemed to have failed.

How is this possible given his name was on just 1 of 650 ballot papers?
    Oh, do **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's not really a conservative achievement though is it. It's what any country should do when 90% of people can't go to work.
    Yes, it's something that more or less every country did, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and it wasn't right to do it. It was an extraordinary level of support for the private sector.

Yes, I think they did, you only had to listen to red wall voters who’d switched to the Tories talking on the day after the election in 2019 to see that Johnson played a very large part in them voting the way they did.

Lardy just answered this. I've just got to say, you know we live in completely different world's right? There's no point us doing the same dance over and over again just for the sake of it. I think you're a really bright guy but we have completely different motivations in life and clearly completely different experiences. I'm tired of the status quo James. I'll no longer support it.

Wonderful couple of days in politics haven't slept all night , I will miss him as he's livened up boring politics .

Raaaaab to step up temporary ..

I do wonder if Labour will regret I wonder in the floating voter world Corbyn's presence was Boris's a reason for his election win , surely with a toxic Boris left there he was always a potential vote winner for Labour ??

Someone like Ben Wallace , Penny Mordaunt will be a different type of measured leaders .

Next election will be fascinating as will the opinion polls from now on .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Of course he will and I expect there to be moves, albeit unsuccessful ones I’d hope, claiming that he be allowed to carry on given the great job he’s making of the caretaker Prime Ministership.

Just been listening to a Tory biographer of Johnson’s who said in all seriousness that he will be thinking of becoming Prime Minister again - perhaps when the “grey nobody” they select in his place has been deemed to have failed.
    The Trump similarity is there for all to see. It would be great for democracy if such deranged deviants were barred from running for public office ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Lardy just answered this. I've just got to say, you know we live in completely different world's right? There's no point us doing the same dance over and over again just for the sake of it. I think you're a really bright guy but we have completely different motivations in life and clearly completely different experiences. I'm tired of the status quo James. I'll no longer support it.
    Do you not think the Furlough scheme saved jobs , it was one of the most generous job saving packages ever delivered , on a personal level working and now working in the private sector it certainly saved our workforce through those very challenging times ?

Yes, it's something that more or less every country did, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and it wasn't right to do it. It was an extraordinary level of support for the private sector.
    That is 100% correct. But you very often like to use the word nuance (I'm not having a go) so without context there's a hidden story behind that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do you not think the Furlough scheme saved jobs , it was one of the most generous job saving packages ever delivered , on a personal level working and now working in the private sector it certainly saved our workforce through those very challenging times ?
    Of course, but in all seriousness LOM, how many global pandemics have we ever had to deal with? It's been overused but the word unprecedented applies.

As joyful as it is to see him go I can't help but think of the old Napoleon quote "never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake"

Having Johnson there was dragging them down in the polls, now they'll vote someone else in in the autumn, who'll still have a massive majority and can sell the whole "mistakes were made under the previous leadership, this is a fresh start" angle, thereby distancing themselves from the worst of his era

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There was no real choice. Just about any sensible and capable country did exactly the same. Without that action there would have been no viable economy to resurrect. Praise is not required for the policy implementation but had it not happened, criticism would have been appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    As joyful as it is to see him go I can't help but think of the old Napoleon quote "never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake"

Having Johnson there was dragging them down in the polls, now they'll vote someone else in in the autumn, who'll still have a massive majority and can sell the whole "mistakes were made under the previous leadership, this is a fresh start" angle, thereby distancing themselves from the worst of his era
    Abso-f*cking-lutely! (love the Napoleon quote Delm)

International

Sam Allardyce to take charge until September Sky Sports News live just confirmed!

People were really seizing the levelling up agenda !

I hope the daft twats who voted tory in the North don't think this pot of cash floating around is permanent

They have used you now you clowns , get back under the table

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sam Allardyce to take charge until September Sky Sports News live just confirmed!
    Right , stop poncing about

What on earth are you doing voting tory ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People were really seizing the levelling up agenda !

I hope the daft twats who voted tory in the North don't think this pot of cash floating around is permanent

They have used you now you clowns , get back under the table
    I'm clinging on in hope to the old saying ...
    "you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time".

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm clinging on in hope to the old saying ...
    "you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time".
    Tory voters are very loyal on the whole unfortunately