+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T BIT OF A LONG SHOT, AM DESPERATELY IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: O/T BIT OF A LONG SHOT, AM DESPERATELY IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Pobl are a housing association who also do fantastic advice work in the community .

If you are at your wits end then you really do need to get your wife assessed and your own needs addressed as soon as possible

Your wife needs a psychiatric assessment , wether she wants one or not . I know this is tough but the mental health professionals need to be contacted soon as you can

Pobl , Samaritans , Age Cymru , Dementia UK, Alzheimers Society , Citizens Advice , all great but you don't know what you are dealing with as yet .......it could be alzheimers, dementia , delirium due to urine infections , prolonged delirium .....a very serious condition .....old age psychosis etc

I would urge you to contact the older persons mental health team and get your wife assessed then treated

After that .......all the various support groups can help you

Its no good phoning up the Citizens Advice Bureau as they will urge you to contact the medical people but for getting attendance allowance as you care for your wife , citizens advice and pobl and other support agencies will help you all the way

But get the medical experts involved first Mr fish �� ��
    This board has really helped me today Sludge. Tried to ring the GP today but receptionist refused to put me through.

Hi MAAF,

I live in London and showed this thread to my girlfriend who's an A&E nurse in a London hospital.

She said that there has been excellent advice given in this thread, but one thing that perhaps hasn't been said yet is that if you're seriously worried for your or her safety, at any time of the day, call 999. She said that this is a warranted reason to call for help, and the staff in A&E and the paramedics are trained to deal with this kind of thing and they would take it seriously.

Put it this way, if an A&E nurse is telling you that you can go to A&E with this, it's a valid reason to go.

Keep us posted. We're all here for you.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Earnie's bench seat View Post
    Hi MAAF,

I live in London and showed this thread to my girlfriend who's an A&E nurse in a London hospital.

She said that there has been excellent advice given in this thread, but one thing that perhaps hasn't been said yet is that if you're seriously worried for your or her safety, at any time of the day, call 999. She said that this is a warranted reason to call for help, and the staff in A&E and the paramedics are trained to deal with this kind of thing and they would take it seriously.

Put it this way, if an A&E nurse is telling you that you can go to A&E with this, it's a valid reason to go.

Keep us posted. We're all here for you.

Dave
    An excellent piece of advice.This way the whole thing is documented and they'll have to act on this.

If I could add, don't neglect yourself. If there's any way you can get your hip[s] working again - or at least some significant improvement - then do it