Thread: Rangers after Jack Simpson according to SSn

Rangers after Jack Simpson according to SSn

They have made contact with Bournemouth also want Nnamdi Ofoborh as well

Re: Rangers after Jack Simpson according to SSn

So that's the end of that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    So that's the end of that then.
    Makes you wonder how much his agent knew......

I dunno, which is a bigger draw?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I dunno, which is a bigger draw?
    No manager, relegation fight or play for Gerrard and win the first title in 10 years to be a hero...

Tough call

We've spent the money on compensation for Harris so he wouldn't be coming to us irrespective of the fact he doesn't want to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No manager, relegation fight or play for Gerrard and win the first title in 10 years to be a hero...

Tough call
    but then will gerrard be there much longer, Celtic still have a lot more income and will be back sooner or later and before long you're finishing second in a rapidly declining league

but then will gerrard be there much longer, Celtic still have a lot more income and will be back sooner or later and before long you're finishing second in a rapidly declining league
    Celtic are an absolute basket case, if Gerrard sticks around for 1 or 2 more seasons they'll get CL football and the £ that follows. Their European record under Gerrard is incredible.

No big loss I'd rather have Flint as a back up and spend on a decent midfielder

Celtic are an absolute basket case, if Gerrard sticks around for 1 or 2 more seasons they'll get CL football and the £ that follows. Their European record under Gerrard is incredible.
    Gerrard has done extremely well. he won't stay there long surely

Gerrard has done extremely well. he won't stay there long surely
    Klopp says he will leave in 2024, Gerrard could stay there until then (provided he keeps winning trophies) and then take the Liverpool job.

Klopp says he will leave in 2024, Gerrard could stay there until then (provided he keeps winning trophies) and then take the Liverpool job.
    If Kevin Klopp lasts another 3 years without going full Keegan I will be amazed. He’s lost the plot this year.

What is the consensus as to why we need another central defender when a midfield upgrade seemed to be a priority ? Do we want to sign him as a first choice ? If so, is it because It is an upgrade on Nelson ? Is he a replacement for Morrison on the basis that in the post Covid, post parachute payment era we can’t afford players on £20k+ per week as part of balancing the books ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    What is the consensus as to why we need another central defender when a midfield upgrade seemed to be a priority ? Do we want to sign him as a first choice ? If so, is it because It is an upgrade on Nelson ? Is he a replacement for Morrison on the basis that in the post Covid, post parachute payment era we can’t afford players on £20k+ per week as part of balancing the books ?
    we have Morrison, Nelson and Flint, so we probably need another, and flint was completely out of favour.
    he seemed like a player with good potential for a good price.

we have Morrison, Nelson and Flint, so we probably need another, and flint was completely out of favour.
    Plus Nelson has been bloody awful for most of this season. I’d definitely like to see us sign a centre half that can pass, if we can’t do that then you can’t play football either.

I take your point, however if he is flirting with Rangers, he obviously sees himself as a first choice and he has started for Bournemouth this season. As you say, Flint is out of favour and I’m sure we will do our best to offload him again. I doubt that Simpson would come as cover so he would partner one of the existing 2 central defenders. I wonder who has been selling the move to Cardiff to him ? If it was Harris then the current situation throws some doubt over the move I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No big loss I'd rather have Flint as a back up and spend on a decent midfielder
    Agree and we have Ceiron Brown coming home at the end of January, that’s 4 Centre Backs, we need a creative midfielder as a priority!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I take your point, however if he is flirting with Rangers, he obviously sees himself as a first choice and he has started for Bournemouth this season. As you say, Flint is out of favour and I’m sure we will do our best to offload him again. I doubt that Simpson would come as cover so he would partner one of the existing 2 central defenders. I wonder who has been selling the move to Cardiff to him ? If it was Harris then the current situation throws some doubt over the move I would have thought.
    I thought it was telling Ng said how hard the CEO had tried to get him etc. Once you add in the stuff Harris said about "the club" etc, I don't think Harris had too much say, if any.