+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flynn - Next Cardiff manager ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Flynn - Next Cardiff manager ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why?
    Saved them from relegation. Finished in the top ten season upon season. Twice in the playoffs. Cup runs, multiple giant killings....... on no budget what so ever.

I don't whether it's ignorance or bitterness sometimes.

He might not be your cup of tea, but he deserves way more credit than people give him on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Saved them from relegation. Finished in the top ten season upon season. Twice in the playoffs. Cup runs, multiple giant killings....... on no budget what so ever.

I don't whether it's ignorance or bitterness sometimes.

He might not be your cup of tea, but he deserves way more credit than people give him on here.
    In league 2...

Sure he's done well there but like I've said, the only reason he gets brought up here is because we are close to Newport. He's failed to get them promoted twice, why does that deserve a championship job?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    In league 2...

Sure he's done well there but like I've said, the only reason he gets brought up here is because we are close to Newport. He's failed to get them promoted twice, why does that deserve a championship job?
    For all of the reasons I have previously mentioned.

Why wouldn't he deserve a chance ? 'Cause he's a manager in L2 ?

You say he failed to get them promoted but I think that when you consider he literally had no money to sign players, getting to the POs is more of a success than a failure. Logic would suggest that if he actually had some money he might be able to achieve even more.

It's obviously a risk. I hope he isn't out of his depth if he comes here. But if you're willing to give the likes of Harris, McCarthy, Trollope and Slade a chance at this level, I don't think it's madness to give MF a chance.

Like you said, he's done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    For all of the reasons I have previously mentioned.

Why wouldn't he deserve a chance ? 'Cause he's a manager in L2 ?

You say he failed to get them promoted but I think that when you consider he literally had no money to sign players, getting to the POs is more of a success than a failure. Logic would suggest that if he actually had some money he might be able to achieve even more.

It's obviously a risk. I hope he isn't out of his depth if he comes here. But if you're willing to give the likes of Harris, McCarthy, Trollope and Slade a chance at this level, I don't think it's madness to give MF a chance.

Like you said, he's done well.
    I'd rather us take a risk and punt on Flynn or another potential good manager rather than the same old dinosaurs that have been doing the rounds for years.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'd rather us take a risk and punt on Flynn or another potential good manager rather than the same old dinosaurs that have been doing the rounds for years.
    I'm ambivalent about Flynn. But I'm leaning towards this.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    In league 2...

To be fair, Newport were cheated out of promotion last season

I'd hope we set our sights a little higher for our next manager though