+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where is Tan!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where is Tan!

I'm not being facetious but I still don't understand why he retains an interest in City, which costs hom very good money.
    Kudos can't surely be the answer!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm not being facetious but I still don't understand why he retains an interest in City, which costs hom very good money.

It’s a very good point. It has crossed my mind several times. The only reasonable excuse is that he’s using the losses on the club to offset losses in other parts of his businesses.
    We’ll never be able to see his books but like most people in similar positions the real financial position is obscured by a variety of different accounting practices both in the UK, US, Belgium, Malaysia and wherever else he has business interests

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    It’s a very good point. It has crossed my mind several times. The only reasonable excuse is that he’s using the losses on the club to offset losses in other parts of his businesses.
    We’ll never be able to see his books but like most people in similar positions the real financial position is obscured by a variety of different accounting practices both in the UK, US, Belgium, Malaysia and wherever else he has business interests
    No different to 95% of other football owners outside of the Premier League then

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    You may be right but I doubt the reason is current financial. He may have hopes of selling the club in the Premier League and recouping most if not all of what he has put in - but for now I expect the answer is vanity, prestige, bloody mindedness and a lack of viable sale options.

Mehmet Dalman has always said that, if the right offer comes along, the club is for sale. Now that the transfer embargo is out of the way and the Sala transfer fee has been paid the Nantes litigation is a bit of a punt which may come off either partially or wholly (it's difficult to envisage the latter but the former must be a possibility) so I don't suppose Tan will be opting out of Cardiff City before that is resolved one way or the other.

I can understand your thinking