+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lockdown/Mental Health

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lockdown/Mental Health

I wonder if men in particular are ill-equipped for something like this. I don't call people for a chat or to "connect"; there has to be a reason to do so. I'm 50 and still have friends who won't just meet for a pint and a chinwag but have to go for a proper session, as if to create something to talk about next time. We're conditioned to discuss achievements, work and practical issues.

I work from home, am single and live alone, so the lockdown hasn't made a big difference in practical terms but it was tough when I couldn't visit family. And, if I'm honest, it brought home how empty my life is. I'm okay though, and can get in touch with someone if I get really low.

There's been a lot of talk about not returning to the old negative norms with regard to economics and the environment and but there's a chance there need to be changes just in the everyday (certainly for me). Personally, there's more to be realised, and if that's pertinent to anyone else then I hope it comes good for you.

Re: Lockdown/Mental Health

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I wonder if men in particular are ill-equipped for something like this. I don't call people for a chat or to "connect"; there has to be a reason to do so. I'm 50 and still have friends who won't just meet for a pint and a chinwag but have to go for a proper session, as if to create something to talk about next time. We're conditioned to discuss achievements, work and practical issues.

I work from home, am single and live alone, so the lockdown hasn't made a big difference in practical terms but it was tough when I couldn't visit family. And, if I'm honest, it brought home how empty my life is. I'm okay though, and can get in touch with someone if I get really low.

There's been a lot of talk about not returning to the old negative norms with regard to economics and the environment and but there's a chance there need to be changes just in the everyday (certainly for me). Personally, there's more to be realised, and if that's pertinent to anyone else then I hope it comes good for you.
    Mortimer and Whitehouse's "Gone Fishing" on the BBC discussed this in it's final episode of series 3. Fantastic series for any man and everyone else too.