+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I listened to an interview with Matt Hancock on Radio 5 Live last night, where he accused Andy Burnham of playing party politics five times while continuously saying that we should all join together in the national interest the same amount of times. Presumably, his take on the "national interest" is that everyone should fall into line with the UK Government's view on things, so isn't he just playing party politics as well?

Hancock's repetitive interview was an example of the woeful standard of political debating on both sides of this argument - continuously repeating yourself does not prove you're right.
    At the end of the day our democratically elected government is responsible. By all means listen to everyone views, the government then needs to decide what action should be taken. Otherwise we are moving towards anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    At the end of the day our democratically elected government is responsible. By all means listen to everyone views, the government then needs to decide what action should be taken. Otherwise we are moving towards anarchy.
    Is it anarchy when the people on the other side of the argument are also democratically elected figures?

Anyway, my point was more to do with the lamentable standard of what passes for political debate these days.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is it anarchy when the people on the other side of the argument are also democratically elected figures?

Anyway, my point was more to do with the lamentable standard of what passes for political debate these days.
    Anarchy or not....I suppose it's to do with people's responsibilities and accountabilities. What Burnham is doing is akin to the Mayor of Cardiff telling the Senedd that he'll decide how covid is handled in the city.

International

Anarchy or not....I suppose it's to do with people's responsibilities and accountabilities. What Burnham is doing is akin to the Mayor of Cardiff telling the Senedd that he'll decide how covid is handled in the city.
    Close all the roads out, open panini outlets and plant trees. That'll work!!!

That would be ideal