+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin Substitution?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tomlin Substitution?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    They were gutted as was I.
    Because as I said he has bucket loads of natural talent and can do things that aren’t picked up by training.

But something also wasn’t right.
    He wasn’t getting in the team. Why is a player of that much talent not even getting in the starting line up or even getting on?
    There were rumours he had a set-to in the changing room with Johnson or McAllister.

I recall coming back from a game up north and running into AFC Bournemouth fans at service station when he was in his first season with us.
    They asked how Tomlin was doing.
    I heard “thing is his attitude with us was fkin awful and his fitness was bullshit. In the end Eddie Howe had enough and told him to **** off out the club”

I think majority of fans felt like me. I wish he sorted his fitness out and his attitude (I saw him stroll back after losing the ball any number of times) because he has undoubted ability.
    That’s why I was gutted more for his potential than what he was doing - which last season was warming the bench.

If Warnock wanted to give us £2m+ then I’d begrudgingly say the club were right to take it.

While social media isn’t everything.
    Notable that Tammy Abraham got well wishes from at least 80% of the squad when he left.
    Tomlin I think got one from John Pemberton the former coach and maybe Mark Little.

Like I said I think he’s a superbly gifted player but obviously a bit of a tool personality wise.
    That many clubs don’t move you on without a reason?
    It must be Christmas.

This is the first post I've seen from you which is anywhere near reasoned and thought out.
    👍

Are you ill ?

Only fault with it is the fee was only £1.5m

Small gamble if Warnock can get even 80% of his potential out.

Right now I'd say it's only fair to conclude the jury is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It must be Christmas.

This is the first post I've seen from you which is anywhere near reasoned and thought out.
    👍

Are you ill ?

Even if that 1.5 mill helps us get 10 points, its money well spent

even if we sell him on for 500 K, 1 mill for 10 points ( that could well help us get promotion ) its a low risk gamble

Hasnt Tomlin turned around 2 games so far, thats 6 points

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It must be Christmas.

👍

Are you ill ?

he has already repaid his fee. He has been involved in goals in practically every game he has come on.