+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Illegal immigrants in the chanel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Illegal immigrants in the chanel

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's our colonial past for a lot of them mr x , we are seen as the mother country due to our time when we ruled the waves , same reason why so many head to holland
    This. Many foreigners see Britain as a land of opportunity and of milk and honey, despite the reality isn’t as great as it seems

International

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    This. Many foreigners see Britain as a land of opportunity and of milk and honey, despite the reality isn’t as great as it seems
    Oddly enough that is true even of other EU nationals. I have a good Italian friend, an architect living in richmond, who is originally from Sicily. He said that this country is far far better than Italy or anywhere else in europe and if after Brexit he was told to leave they would have to remove him kicking and screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Oddly enough that is true even of other EU nationals. I have a good Italian friend, an architect living in richmond, who is originally from Sicily. He said that this country is far far better than Italy or anywhere else in europe and if after Brexit he was told to leave they would have to remove him kicking and screaming.
    Funnily, I have a close friend who I've known since we were 4. He's lived in Italy since his mid 20s. He reckons Italy is far, far better than anywhere else in Europe, UK included and would never, ever want to leave.

Isn't that something to celebrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Absolutely. If he's living in Richmond he's done ok for himself.

International

It demonstrates why people want to come here rather than other European countries i think. that's all.

It demonstrates why people want to come here rather than other European countries i think. that's all.
    Nah, it doesn't. Why don't you look into this subject a little deeper in order to find out why some (Mostly Iranians and Afghans) people want to end up in the UK as opposed to other countries. Take a look at the 'success rate of those nationalities on seeking asylum when they reach the processing centre in Dover. You do know that we are legally obliged?

International

Nah, it doesn't. Why don't you look into this subject a little deeper in order to find out why some (Mostly Iranians and Afghans) people want to end up in the UK as opposed to other countries. Take a look at the 'success rate of those nationalities on seeking asylum when they reach the processing centre in Dover. You do know that we are legally obliged?
    I believe we are legally obliged if they come to UK. I understand that to be the case, yes! what is your point?

International

I believe we are legally obliged if they come to UK. I understand that to be the case, yes! what is your point?
    Tuerto, any response?

That under the Geneva Convention, as a country we are legally obliged to take Asylum seekers-That's my point.