+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best footballer you have played with or against

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Best footballer you have played with or against

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When it comes to other sports, Billy Waith the boxer played parks football in Cardiff and I played against him once not too long after a game I had been watching had been abandoned after he had knocked an opponent unconscious with a single punch - the fact that I didn't get within twenty yards of him that day had nothing to do with his ability as a footballer .

I also played a few minutes of what could loosely be called rugby with Gareth Edwards when he was a student teacher.
    Billy Waith was as tough as teak! He was a semi-pro boxer (he used to deliver bread to local shops by day) and would take a fight at the drop of a hat almost anywhere in the country.
    If I'm not mistaken, a very close relative of Billy's has posted in this thread.

Re: Best footballer you have played with or against

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Billy Waith was as tough as teak! He was a semi-pro boxer (he used to deliver bread to local shops by day) and would take a fight at the drop of a hat almost anywhere in the country.
    If I'm not mistaken, a very close relative of Billy's has posted in this thread.
    He always struck me as the kind of fighter who'd be picked as an opponent for someone who was regarded as promising and on their way up because he could be guaranteed to give them a real test where they'd be found out if they took liberties.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Waith