+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vassell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why would they release private details of a players contract ?. Thats not something they do. It isn't the club speculating about his contract, fee or wages. It is a number of ‘know all’ fans. It was announced as an an ‘undisclosed fee’ for a reason. He is obviously injury prone and his signing was a gamble but so what ? It could have come off.
    Er, haven't you placed yourself in the same category as these "know all" fans by speculating on Vassell being on a pay as you play deal when I'm not aware of anything to give that claim any legitimacy from either party?

Also, you talk of people criticising the player. Clearly, with an injury record like his, he is going to attract the occasional derogatory comment, but I've not seen or heard a great deal of criticism of him from City fans - if anything, I'd say there's been a degree of sympathy. That's certainly what I felt early earlier this year I believe it was in an under 23 match when I saw Vassell attempting a comeback - he lasted about twenty minutes and then broke down. It was so sad to see his frustration and hurt because he appeared to know that it was back to square one for him, you would have needed a heart of stone not to feel sorry for him at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Er, haven't you placed yourself in the same category as these "know all" fans by speculating on Vassell being on a pay as you play deal when I'm not aware of anything to give that claim any legitimacy from either party?

Also, you talk of people criticising the player. Clearly, with an injury record like his, he is going to attract the occasional derogatory comment, but I've not seen or heard a great deal of criticism of him from City fans - if anything, I'd say there's been a degree of sympathy. That's certainly what I felt early earlier this year I believe it was in an under 23 match when I saw Vassell attempting a comeback - he lasted about twenty minutes and then broke down. It was so sad to see his frustration and hurt because he appeared to know that it was back to square one for him, you would have needed a heart of stone not to feel sorry for him at that moment.
    I didn't speculate. You need to get your facts straight. I pointed out that he could be on a pay as he plays contract with an incentivised transfer fee for all the people criticising the club for signing him knew. There is no legitimacy for people, including you, claiming he is on an expensive contract and that the club paid an inflated fee for him. Details haven't been released.

I didn't speculate. You need to get your facts straight. I pointed out that he could be on a pay as he plays contract with an incentivised transfer fee for all the people criticising the club for signing him knew. There is no legitimacy for people, including you, claiming he is on an expensive contract and that the club paid an inflated fee for him. Details haven't been released.
    So do you think he turned down other clubs in preference of such a deal, or was our transfer fee so large that Birmingham forced him to join us on such a deal?

If it was someone else posting this, I would think they were joking, but as I've never ever seen any evidence of you possessing a sense of humour, I have to assume you're being serious.

Let's get this right, you're trying to claim that saying "he could be on a pay as he plays contract" is not the sort of speculation that us "know alls" indulge in, while informing me I need to get my facts right? Priceless, I suppose your definition of the word "speculation" must depend on whether you're doing the speculating or not .

Also, where did I claim Vassell was on an "expensive contract"? i've said nothing about Vassell's wages because none of us can know for sure what he's on, you included. Clearly, given the fact that he's barely played any first team football for us, the reported fee for him represents terrible value for the club. Is that reported fee of between £2 and £3 million accurate? Well, it's never been denied by the club, but, who knows, it may be less, but anyone who claims this is the case, is just speculating aren't they - anyone except you of course