+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: James Collins - Signing agreed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: James Collins

His age is an issue meaning there can never be a sell on fee or lowering the average age of the squad which I thought was the new aim of the Board. The intention seems to be to play Collins alongside, and not instead of, Keifer Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    His age is an issue meaning there can never be a sell on fee or lowering the average age of the squad which I thought was the new aim of the Board. The intention seems to be to play Collins alongside, and not instead of, Keifer Moore.
    He's a free your looking into it to much.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He's a free your looking into it to much.
    Free doesn't mean free these days. The fact a player is free means either a huge signing on fee or large wages or a combination of both. It's probably not a bad signing but rather out of kilter with the club's youth policy.

Free doesn't mean free these days. The fact a player is free means either a huge signing on fee or large wages or a combination of both. It's probably not a bad signing but rather out of kilter with the club's youth policy.
    do we have a youth policy?

since McCarthy took over we've signed Jonny Williams, and been linked with Jordan Rhodes, Cameron Jerome and now James Collins

Free doesn't mean free these days. The fact a player is free means either a huge signing on fee or large wages or a combination of both.
    I reckon it does in this case. We might have offered more money than Boro but huge / large won’t apply to a player coming from Luton. Mick gave him his first Irish cap so it’ll be a one to one discussion.