+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Probably a question for a plumber

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: Probably a question for a plumber

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Those air source heat pumps, run off Electricity?
    They do. It was pretty inexpensive over Christmas - around GBP 6-7 a day and I had it at 74-75F. Getting used to how to use it effectively is a bit of a bugger though.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    They do. It was pretty inexpensive over Christmas - around GBP 6-7 a day and I had it at 74-75F. Getting used to how to use it effectively is a bit of a bugger though.
    I have a couple of Air Source Heat Pumps which are fairly inexpensive to run, and still work when the outside temp is -4C 25 F. About £800 for the pair for a DIY fit. They have a COP of about 2.4 when the temp drops below 0 C, so 1 Kw in gives 2.4 Kw of heating.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    I have a couple of Air Source Heat Pumps which are fairly inexpensive to run, and still work when the outside temp is -4C 25 F. About £800 for the pair for a DIY fit. They have a COP of about 2.4 when the temp drops below 0 C, so 1 Kw in gives 2.4 Kw of heating.
    Yeah I have been surprised at how cheap they are to run. Getting used to planning when you want to draw the energy has been anpther thing. It took me two weeks at Christmas to get the system set up. It also took the house a long time to get warm initially and running the heat pump continually seemed scary at first.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Yeah I have been surprised at how cheap they are to run. Getting used to planning when you want to draw the energy has been anpther thing. It took me two weeks at Christmas to get the system set up. It also took the house a long time to get warm initially and running the heat pump continually seemed scary at first.
    I'm surprised it gets that cold in Phoenix. But then, I've only been there in the summer, when the heat pumps work the other way round.