+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What should they be saying?
    A great deal less. And what they do say they should be saying far more concisely and clearly. A multitude of complicated slides with two ‘experts’ droning on and on helps nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A great deal less. And what they do say they should be saying far more concisely and clearly. A multitude of complicated slides with two ‘experts’ droning on and on helps nobody.
    Agree with you about the slides, I couldn't make head nor tail of most of them.

Almost like that's the point!

Neither has Boris since about September.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    .but the slides are a feature of the 'modelling' , which SAGE etc. have been so committed to since day 1. What the slides don't illustrate is that practically every prediction that they have made has been significantly wrong. As many epidemiologists disagree with SAGE as agree with them, but tonight the BBC brought out at least half a dozen different ones all saying the same. I can understand to a degree why the main news channels desist from airing views and opinions that may run counter to the Govt's/SAGE's message, but - not just in the UK, but in Germany, France, Spain, Italy - there's a growing consensus that the incumbent scientists and governments are 'winging it'. No real idea how to beat the virus, but too far down the road to change direction..