We have a solid uninspiring unbalanced squad.

The injury to Moore has exacerbated the issue. He is a physical player but eventually Harris realised with the lack of passers in midfield and the absence of genuine pace on the flanks we had to revert to a 442 Big man, speedster 80’s look. It was working until the injury. Even if it meant Wilson as a 442 wide midfielder.

The only player to get a tune out of Glatzel is Tomlin. If Lee has the ball its likely to be in the important third and Glatzel wants to be passed into space and Tomlin is our only real passer with touch and feel. I am not sure if that says more about Tomlins attributes or Glatzels lack of suitability for the championship but, I am sure Keiffer would love a perfectly weighted ball into a bit of space rather than having to scrap for your life every now and then.

Our midfield was bought to be solid, relentless and tough. I think Pack was seen as having those qualities as well as better passing, but in truth is physically lacking the attributes of the other midfielders and his passing is marginally better although he is difficult to dispossess.

Ralls and Bacuna give us enough energy and power to allow the luxury player in midfield. We get away with Ralls and Vaulks, but the second we add Pack then Ralls is sent to the head of the vanguard where he is largely ineffective

Zohore, Junior and NML (then Murphy) gave us so much power, pace and finesse that the midfield only needed to be a “will not yield” group, well led by Gunnar (Ralls was an excellent accomplice). We have never recovered from this set up.

I think Harris has been dealt a poor hand, but that is life. His lack of any adventure to find solutions is disappointing.
Bennett did well as a centre half through necessity but can’t play right back ?
Murphy has so much skill but little defensive application, are you telling me he would be less effective up front than Glatzel ?
Pack or Vaulks can surely play centre half.
Wilson surely is better than M Harris as a striker in a 442, if not surely Murphy is ?
Whyte maybe a full back at this level.
Is Junior an attacking centre midfielder nowadays ?

He has been unlucky, but unwilling to try things and doesn’t learn.

“There is nothing better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.”– Malcolm X