+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pubs

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I work five days a week. My friend works all sorts of shifts (as a nurse in the Heath as it happens). I get home most evenings at somewhere between 5:00pm and 6:30pm. She has loads of family commitments. We were planning to have a few hours in the pub on Saturday night for the first time since February. That's not possible now. Therefore, we're trying to sort something out for one evening next week, but we can't go to our local pub or any of our local restaurants. They've all been closed down by the WAG. We can't meet in either of our houses. That's outlawed. So what do we do? Wander the streets in the cold and dark? Or just accept than doing anything remotely normal like meeting up a with a lifelong friend is considered out of bounds in Wales right now?

I guess we could meet up in Tesco or Asda and spend a few hours in the non-essential aisles.....
    Go for a walk on a weekend morning, take some food or something, I'm not being facetious, I know that sounds a bit shit, maybe the wag have gone to far, I can't really come to a conclusion based on what individuals say to me. It's far from ideal but as it stands we've all got to fit in with this shit storm. We can either let it effect us or try something different. I suppose a lot of how people respond is down to character, need and circumstance. I know that it's been difficult for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I suppose a lot of how people respond is down to character, need and circumstance. I know that it's been difficult for you.
    You could have added intelligence, ability to invoke a flexible/intuitive response, able to assimilate posts of others (yours above would be unintellible, I guess), nous, common sense and joie de vivre.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You could have added intelligence, ability to invoke a flexible/intuitive response, able to assimilate posts of others (yours above would be unintellible, I guess), nous, common sense and joie de vivre.
    Unintellible?

I've given some thought to your 'unintellible' contribution and I reckon you may be onto something. Perhaps under the current circumstances I should stop concerning myself with the validity or otherwise of the restrictions that are being imposed upon us, and instead attempt to live my life vicariously.

Maybe I could spend my time writing reams of rambling rubbish about other people's families. Then perhaps I could massage my enormous ego and display my superior intellect by playing petty mind games with them over my prices.

These are strange times indeed. Adaptation is the key.

Maybe I could spend my time writing reams of rambling rubbish about other people's families.
    Hope the gent who wrote this, doesn't mind me quoting from his e-mail sent to me last night:

"That is truly spectacular ! As I said I’ve been looking for what must be 12 -15yrs for xxx's parents. You have done an incredible piece of detective work – way beyond anything I would have got to within even a fraction of. I’m going to print your email off, then access all the reference points you have highlighted – plus those others you have suggested – and sit down and lay it all out on a large table !
    Please accept my sincere gratitude for your work and expertise – I can now hopefully continue where your excellent work has taken me."

Rambling rubbish, huh?
    You've made yourself appear foolish, in my eye anyway.

Rambling rubbish, huh?
    You're clearly an amazing man. Your genius knows no bounds. It's seemingly matched only by your ego.

You're clearly an amazing man. Your genius knows no bounds. It's seemingly matched only by your ego.
    It's for those posters who have met me to comment on this - not WUMs

It's for those posters who have met me to comment on this - not WUMs
    Given that's your stance, it's odd that you apparently feel entirely comfortable commenting about me on a personal basis without ever having met me. But I'm guessing your ego allows you to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Go for a walk on a weekend morning, take some food or something, I'm not being facetious, I know that sounds a bit shit, maybe the wag have gone to far, I can't really come to a conclusion based on what individuals say to me. It's far from ideal but as it stands we've all got to fit in with this shit storm. We can either let it effect us or try something different. I suppose a lot of how people respond is down to character, need and circumstance. I know that it's been difficult for you.
    Maybe just book in a breakfast catch up.....