+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Meat Burgers

Beyond Meat Burgers

Outstanding.

Cauldon Lincolnshire sausages were tasty as well. Got the Richmond ones in the fridge to try later on thinking mash and gravy..

Stay away from the fridge raiders, yes I know their chicken version is probably 3 percent processed meat, but their meat free Mexican flavour ones I got last night to bridge between meals were ****ing hideous.

That'll be all. Thanks for reading.

Re: Beyond Meat Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Outstanding.

Cauldon Lincolnshire sausages were tasty as well. Got the Richmond ones in the fridge to try later on thinking mash and gravy..

Stay away from the fridge raiders, yes I know their chicken version is probably 3 percent processed meat, but their meat free Mexican flavour ones I got last night to bridge between meals were ****ing hideous.

Agree on the burgers. Another level

Beyond burger = cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Agree on the burgers. Another level
    Was still not a believer about all the hype and comments until I tried one last night (had 2 as it goes) kept on eating my wedges until I finally took the plunge.

Looking at oat latte now for work

Slowly slowly..

Beyond burger is not a burger, its a vegetable patty. See how many they would sell if they called it that. Amazing how vegetarians and vegans spend half their time trying to recreate food that looks and tastes like meat. Whats that all about. Meat eaters should prepare food, that looks and tastes vegan/vegetarian, out of meat - that would soon become popular and avoid the need for vegans to look down their noses when they see people eating meat.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Beyond burger is not a burger, its a vegetable patty. See how many they would sell if they called it that. Amazing how vegetarians and vegans spend half their time trying to recreate food that looks and tastes like meat. Whats that all about. Meat eaters should prepare food, that looks and tastes vegan/vegetarian, out of meat - that would soon become popular and avoid the need for vegans to look down their noses when they see people eating meat.
    It's not really amazing at all, I made the choice not to eat meat, I never preach about it, just had a think and came to a decision.

I miss eating meat though so the closer veggie options are to meat the better. A lot of veggies/vegans are the same. What's amazing is that some meat eaters are so offended by the idea that other people choose a different diet that they get all outraged about the packaging of that diet. Weird thing to get upset about.

Also a burger is a different name for a patty so the Beyond Burger is a burger

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...english/burger

Would people be less inclined to buy burgers if they were called meat patties?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Beyond burger = cardboard
    You haven't tasted them .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    You haven't tasted them .
    This is true

Do they make you fart quicker

Why would anyone get upset about the name of a food ?

We sell vegan alternatives and they have been designed to look and taste like meat . I often wonder why that is myself , but it is what it is .
    It shouldn't offend or upset anyone surely?

There are quite a few good reasons not to eat meat , but that doesn't mean everyone will stop eating meat .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This is true

Do they make you fart quicker
    No , they are superb . Our best sellers , twice the price of a beef burger though.

Quorn ultimate burgers are decent.
    I like the Linda McCartney mozzarella burger too.
    Very easy to make your own veggie burger though. You can go the bean, soya mince or breadcrumb mix way

Why would anyone get upset about the name of a food ?

We sell vegan alternatives and they have been designed to look and taste like meat . I often wonder why that is myself , but it is what it is .
    It shouldn't offend or upset anyone surely?

There are quite a few good reasons not to eat meat , but that doesn't mean everyone will stop eating meat .
    Meat Burgers are made to fit into a bun, Sausages to fit into a casing, why wouldn't you do the same with the vegetarian alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

No. They often call them that in the USA and they’re not shy about a triple Wendy.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Outstanding.

We use the richmond ones for our hot dogs . They are quality as well.

The vast majority of vegetarians and vegans didn't stop eating meat because they didn't like the taste of it. No, it's much deeper than that.

Most people who go vegetarian or vegan do so for the animals, for their own health, or for the environment (or a combination of these). Rarely will you find someone who went vegetarian or vegan because they didn't like the taste of meat.

It's not amazing at all though. We humans are prone to deeply ingrained habits and predilections, many of which we have been habituated to most of our lives. Seeking a substitute that partly satisfies our deep-rooting cravings explains not only the phenomenon you mention above but also the consumption of alcohol-free beer and vaping. I'm sure that we all have habits that we have difficulty eschewing whether they relate to comestibles or not.

In my opinion, burgers traditionally do and should, contain meat. However, one of the reasons meat free versions are also called burgers is because it makes them easier to sell. I would have thought that any self respecting vegan or vegetarian wouldn't go anywhere near something called a burger or something that was created to look like a meat burger but they do. I don't understand why someone of this persuasion would want to make their food look like it contains meat (or even eggs in the vegan breakfasts) but they do. I think I know why beyond call it a burger - its a clever marketing ploy to sell more because some people would think it was a real beef burger, if they just went by the name and wouldn't buy it otherwise. I have great respect and absolutely no problem with people that are vegan or vegetarian (my daughter and son in law are both) but just don’t get this ‘crusade’ to make the different types of food look and taste the same. Unless of course it is because some (not all) vegan and vegetarian dishes look and taste so unappetising. At least that's what my luddite meat eating palate tells me.

In my opinion, burgers traditionally do and should, contain meat. However, one of the reasons meat free versions are also called burgers is because it makes them easier to sell. I would have thought that any self respecting vegan or vegetarian wouldn't go anywhere near something called a burger or something that was created to look like a meat burger but they do. I don't understand why someone of this persuasion would want to make their food look like it contains meat (or even eggs in the vegan breakfasts) but they do. I think I know why beyond call it a burger - its a clever marketing ploy to sell more because some people would think it was a real beef burger, if they just went by the name and wouldn't buy it otherwise. I have great respect and absolutely no problem with people that are vegan or vegetarian (my daughter and son in law are both) but just don’t get this ‘crusade’ to make the different types of food look and taste the same. Unless of course it is because some (not all) vegan and vegetarian dishes look and taste so unappetising. At least that's what my luddite meat eating palate tells me.
    Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that there isn't something to be understood.

We use the richmond ones for our hot dogs . They are quality as well.
    I'm happy to accept that vegetarian sausages / burgers are nice. find it a lot more difficult to grapple with the concept that Richmond make any kind of decent sausage, let alone a vegetarian one.

Mind you, some of their "meat" sausages contain only 42% actual meat (the bare minimum you have to to still call it a pork sausage), so perhaps they've got a bit of a head start on other sausage manufacturers in fonding other stuff to cram in there.

No , they are superb . Our best sellers , twice the price of a beef burger though.
    I will give one ago .

I used to love the old Wimpy Bean Burger that boy would deliver some gas , tasty as well

Got it, thanks. If I have any more questions about it, I'll be sure to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that there isn't something to be understood.
    Don't disagree with that.

Got it, thanks. If I have any more questions about it, I'll be sure to ask.
    Unnecessary sarcasm. Its just my take on it. You might disagree.

Unnecessary sarcasm. Its just my take on it. You might disagree.
    It was just an unexpectedly long reply which didn't really answer my question.