+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

There' has to be a time where Labour has to stop just attacking Boris , sleaze etc, bad Tories and say how they would do things better , come the election its about the substance of policies that will matter , at the moment this is playground politics and I'm sure it will gain some short term traction .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There' has to be a time where Labour has to stop just attacking Boris , sleaze etc, bad Tories and say how they would do things better , come the election its about the substance of policies that will matter , at the moment this is playground politics and I'm sure it will gain some short term traction .
    Have you heard of 'manifestos'?

They are this new thing where parties spell out their policy offers (just) before an election. Great idea!

"Shagatha Chrsitie" - brilliant stuff again from Ms Hyde, but she's deadly serious in her last sentence which is so, so right.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...prime-minister

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Shagatha Chrsitie" - brilliant stuff again from Ms Hyde, but she's deadly serious in her last sentence which is so, so right.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...prime-minister
    Always a great read. The mordant wit accentuating the sheer lunacy of it all.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rsies-at-no-10

Labour surged into a commanding nine-point lead over the Tories this weekend as controversies over rule-breaking Christmas parties at Downing Street and Tory sleaze plunged Boris Johnson into a battle to save his premiership.

The latest Opinium poll for the Observer also shows 57% of voters think Johnson should now resign, up nine points from a fortnight ago, as the prime minster appears to be haemorrhaging public support.

Johnson’s personal ratings have fallen to -35%, down 14 points from what was already a record low of -21% two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rsies-at-no-10

Labour surged into a commanding nine-point lead over the Tories this weekend as controversies over rule-breaking Christmas parties at Downing Street and Tory sleaze plunged Boris Johnson into a battle to save his premiership.

The latest Opinium poll for the Observer also shows 57% of voters think Johnson should now resign, up nine points from a fortnight ago, as the prime minster appears to be haemorrhaging public support.

Johnson’s personal ratings have fallen to -35%, down 14 points from what was already a record low of -21% two weeks ago.
    Please, let there be a God!

Have you heard of 'manifestos'?

They are this new thing where parties spell out their policy offers (just) before an election. Great idea!
    Indeed I have and I want to see Sir Kiers next election one ,you know the one you may not like as it might be Tory lite , unless he is just going for Xmas party bashing as his main theme ?

Imran Hussain MP

It's been alleged that Simon Case's office who are tasked with investigating the Christmas party scandal...hosted not one, but two Christmas parties.

We need an independent investigation, not a sham.

They think they can mark their own homework and take the public for fools.

Jim Waterson

Right so everyone in Westminster who had a lockdown-busting Christmas party is now just briefing against everyone else in Westminster who also had a Christmas party, in some sort of circular firing squad where executions are conducted with cheap prosecco.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-s...street-london/

Imran Hussain MP

It's been alleged that Simon Case's office who are tasked with investigating the Christmas party scandal...hosted not one, but two Christmas parties.

We need an independent investigation, not a sham.

They think they can mark their own homework and take the public for fools.

Jim Waterson

Right so everyone in Westminster who had a lockdown-busting Christmas party is now just briefing against everyone else in Westminster who also had a Christmas party, in some sort of circular firing squad where executions are conducted with cheap prosecco.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-s...street-london/

I'm looking forward to the film..."All The Prime Minister's Men (and Women)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm looking forward to the film..."All The Prime Minister's Men (and Women)
    tbf it always ends like this. If you have no moral integrity yourself then you end up recruiting people of similar virtues because they will work with you or the people you need to make you do the right thing don't want to have anything to do with you because they smell rats and have too much self respect. That's where Johnson is now and there is nobody with honour around to save him from himself!

Just the three false statements by Johnson at PMQs today.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-and-inflation

I’ll raise you one, make that 4.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/01/05/b...ers-questions/

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

In the interests of balance, and before James and LOM dive in, I think it is only fair to point out that some of the things said by Johnson at PMQs were not lies. Some of them....

In the interests of balance, and before James and LOM dive in, I think it is only fair to point out that some of the things said by Johnson at PMQs were not lies. Some of them....
    Perhaps those lies were Platonic like Johnson insists a lot of his relationships are.

Rees-Mogg going after Sunak (presumably to nobble him with the right of the party and advance Liz Truss) and Sunak spitting back.

Meanwhile even Johnson's tame Standards Adviser is about to put the boot (but not the coup de gras) in, whilst Johnson comes up with another of those ludicrous "lost vital messages when swapping phones" excuses that the miscreants in these types of cases seem so fond of.

Didn't take long after the Christmas break to resume this shambles of a government it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Rees-Mogg going after Sunak (presumably to nobble him with the right of the party and advance Liz Truss) and Sunak spitting back.

Meanwhile even Johnson's tame Standards Adviser is about to put the boot (but not the coup de gras) in, whilst Johnson comes up with another of those ludicrous "lost vital messages when swapping phones" excuses that the miscreants in these types of cases seem so fond of.

Didn't take long after the Christmas break to resume this shambles of a government it seems!
    Liz Truss even in the frame 🤮 gosh it makes you scared just how far this country has declined.

I'd love to have written this brilliant post which appears on another City website (I hope and trust the writer has no problem with me putting what he said on here and allowing a wider audience to see it);-

"There are just so many things, we lose track.

I was watching the BBC News last night, and they mentioned the Owen Patterson scandal which, in all honesty, should be enough to bring down a few big hitters on their own. Forgot all about it.
    Hancock got covid for the second time. Forgot all about him having to resign for breaking the rules.
    Then I forgot all about the time JRM went to the Queen and lied to her face. I am no Royalist, but that really takes a lot of doing.
    The result was they prorogued Parliament, something that had only happened in medieval times if ever. I had forgot all about that too.
    Then there was the Dominic Cummings charade, around this time, where he had them over a barrel. You sack me, I will tell them all about YOUR parties. I'd forgotten all about that too.
    Then there was the time when the Brexit Secretary, Raab, didn't realise how important the port to Calais was. I'm only just remembering that now.
    Then we still have folks in houses with dangerous cladding, they probably haven't forgotten, but the media has.
    Then we had the time Patel deported loads of people to Jamaica. Just after Windrush. And, how her shittery was a factor in the loss of life after a migrant boat collapsed.
    Then the hatred in Hastings, caused by her rhetoric, where people tried to stop an RNLI boat going out to sea.
    Then we have the NI rise, a tax on the lowest paid, something they promised they wouldn't do.
    Then they got rid of the triple lock on pensioners, meaning that the current inflation rate of 6% and going up and pensioners getting just a 3% rise on their state pensions.
    Then there was the Afghanistan cluster**** where people who risked their lives HELPING us were just abandoned, with all the relevant paperwork.
    And, I forgot about the time that they kicked Churchill's nephew out of the party for voting against them, along with Ken Clarke.
    Let's also not forget that there are murmerings of an undemocratic "deal" with Farage for him to stand down in the 2019 election to get Farage to stand down in seats the Tories knew they would win.
    Also the illegal PPE contracts - that happened YESTERDAY - but didn't even make the news. I mean, there is just too much to report on.

Johnson thought he could get off the hook at one stage yesterday, when Starmer pointed out the public thought he was lying, all his sycophants cried foul. Johnson then mentioned that Starmer is responsible for his own conduct!

But, imagine how much worse things would be if Corbyn, or Miliband, or Starmer won/win.

The media really need to list all of these lies, deceits, cock-ups, and right-wing pandering bollocks on one web page.

I'm now with @Dr Lecter - I hope the bastard stays in until the next election. It may be painful, but they will be annihilated. Even if they get the 54 letters, there has to be a vote of confidence, and too many Tories have too much to hide, and will be wanting Johnson as a human shield. Seeing him every week ashen faced, looking awful, looking like he is actually experiencing some stress for the first time in his life is a small bit of repayment for the shit that they have piled on migrants, people on benefits, the sick, the old, the decent.

If Johnson is doing a great job, like that market trader thinks, then let him carry on for a few more years because, sooner or later, this ****wittery is going to hit him too. He may escape the NI rises, but his customers can't. He may be able to pay for the electricity and gas price rises by declaring less income to the tax man, but his customers can't."

I'd love to have written this brilliant post which appears on another City website (I hope and trust the writer has no problem with me putting what he said on here and allowing a wider audience to see it);-

"There are just so many things, we lose track.

I was watching the BBC News last night, and they mentioned the Owen Patterson scandal which, in all honesty, should be enough to bring down a few big hitters on their own. Forgot all about it.
    Hancock got covid for the second time. Forgot all about him having to resign for breaking the rules.
    Then I forgot all about the time JRM went to the Queen and lied to her face. I am no Royalist, but that really takes a lot of doing.
    The result was they prorogued Parliament, something that had only happened in medieval times if ever. I had forgot all about that too.
    Then there was the Dominic Cummings charade, around this time, where he had them over a barrel. You sack me, I will tell them all about YOUR parties. I'd forgotten all about that too.
    Then there was the time when the Brexit Secretary, Raab, didn't realise how important the port to Calais was. I'm only just remembering that now.
    Then we still have folks in houses with dangerous cladding, they probably haven't forgotten, but the media has.
    Then we had the time Patel deported loads of people to Jamaica. Just after Windrush. And, how her shittery was a factor in the loss of life after a migrant boat collapsed.
    Then the hatred in Hastings, caused by her rhetoric, where people tried to stop an RNLI boat going out to sea.
    Then we have the NI rise, a tax on the lowest paid, something they promised they wouldn't do.
    Then they got rid of the triple lock on pensioners, meaning that the current inflation rate of 6% and going up and pensioners getting just a 3% rise on their state pensions.
    Then there was the Afghanistan cluster**** where people who risked their lives HELPING us were just abandoned, with all the relevant paperwork.
    And, I forgot about the time that they kicked Churchill's nephew out of the party for voting against them, along with Ken Clarke.
    Let's also not forget that there are murmerings of an undemocratic "deal" with Farage for him to stand down in the 2019 election to get Farage to stand down in seats the Tories knew they would win.
    Also the illegal PPE contracts - that happened YESTERDAY - but didn't even make the news. I mean, there is just too much to report on.

Johnson thought he could get off the hook at one stage yesterday, when Starmer pointed out the public thought he was lying, all his sycophants cried foul. Johnson then mentioned that Starmer is responsible for his own conduct!

But, imagine how much worse things would be if Corbyn, or Miliband, or Starmer won/win.

The media really need to list all of these lies, deceits, cock-ups, and right-wing pandering bollocks on one web page.

I'm now with @Dr Lecter - I hope the bastard stays in until the next election. It may be painful, but they will be annihilated. Even if they get the 54 letters, there has to be a vote of confidence, and too many Tories have too much to hide, and will be wanting Johnson as a human shield. Seeing him every week ashen faced, looking awful, looking like he is actually experiencing some stress for the first time in his life is a small bit of repayment for the shit that they have piled on migrants, people on benefits, the sick, the old, the decent.

If Johnson is doing a great job, like that market trader thinks, then let him carry on for a few more years because, sooner or later, this ****wittery is going to hit him too. He may escape the NI rises, but his customers can't. He may be able to pay for the electricity and gas price rises by declaring less income to the tax man, but his customers can't."
    Superb! Every word is true and shows we are now scraping the barrel.

The problem is the Tories and their supporters dont really give a shit.

You only have to look at comments from at least 1 Tory on this site.

They dont give a shit about the p!ss taking and the effects it has on the country. What they care about is power and protecting their own interests.

The comments you see are he has to go due to the damage to their party. Thats it thats all they care about themselves.

Johnson wont lead them into the next election but go now in disgrace which is what should happen wont.

Plus how many of the likely replacements have their own dirty laundry.

The party is rotten to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The problem is the Tories and their supporters dont really give a shit.

You only have to look at comments from at least 1 Tory on this site.

They dont give a shit about the p!ss taking and the effects it has on the country. What they care about is power and protecting their own interests.

The comments you see are he has to go due to the damage to their party. Thats it thats all they care about themselves.

Johnson wont lead them into the next election but go now in disgrace which is what should happen wont.

Plus how many of the likely replacements have their own dirty laundry.

The party is rotten to the core.
    What turns them on is money, money, money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    What turns them on is money, money, money.
    Let me state at the start that the Government has made a complete mess of this, and unless some miracle occurs,I can't see any way out but for Boris to resign ( which he won't) or get pushed out by the fabled men in grey suits. Whether that will be now or in a few weeks or months is the the only question for me.

I also think that the enquiry into these parties should report back to the Standards committee and not the Prime Minister. I am not sure if a senior Civil servant is the correct person to conduct it either.

Hoiwever when you say what turns them on is money, money, money (and I presume by them you mean the conservatives) I would point out that it is not that long ago that we had the expenses scandal when MP's of all parties were involved in a systemic milking of the system, followed by the cash for influence scandal of 2010 when three labour MP's (who were also ex ministers) were banned from the commons for periods ranging from 6 months to 5 years. There were also various scandals regarding Labour party donors which occurred through Tony Blair's reign.

It is usually the party in power that is most influenced by money because they are the ones who can actually do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Let me state at the start that the Government has made a complete mess of this, and unless some miracle occurs,I can't see any way out but for Boris to resign ( which he won't) or get pushed out by the fabled men in grey suits. Whether that will be now or in a few weeks or months is the the only question for me.

I also think that the enquiry into these parties should report back to the Standards committee and not the Prime Minister. I am not sure if a senior Civil servant is the correct person to conduct it either.

Hoiwever when you say what turns them on is money, money, money (and I presume by them you mean the conservatives) I would point out that it is not that long ago that we had the expenses scandal when MP's of all parties were involved in a systemic milking of the system, followed by the cash for influence scandal of 2010 when three labour MP's (who were also ex ministers) were banned from the commons for periods ranging from 6 months to 5 years. There were also various scandals regarding Labour party donors which occurred through Tony Blair's reign.

It is usually the party in power that is most influenced by money because they are the ones who can actually do anything.
    I can't think of many Labour MPs who robbed the taxpayer to pay for a Duck Island Elwood! The brass neck of it all...

The good news keeps coming!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-him-to-resign

The headline polling figures are bad enough for Boris Johnson. Labour has a 10-point lead and the prime minister’s popularity is now at the same point as Theresa May’s at her lowest.

But digging beneath the surface, the latest Opinium poll for the Observer reveals a deeper and more serious problem: Johnson’s coalition of traditional Tories and pro-Brexit working-class voters is fracturing.

The poll shows that 46% of Leave voters who voted Conservative in 2019 believe Johnson should resign, compared with 39% who want him to stay. These people are the core of the prime minister’s base and if they desert him, he is sunk.