+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has Tomlin a place in a MM side?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Has Tomlin a place in a MM side?

It saddens me that we have a player with the talent of Tomlin and he isnt guaranteed some time on the field.
    He doesn't chase back enough?
    So what! he has fantastic talent , he changes and wins games.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It saddens me that we have a player with the talent of Tomlin and he isnt guaranteed some time on the field.
    But he is lazy totally unreliable and doesn't give a toss. He isn't brilliant or anything else when he is sitting on his arse in the treatment room taking his wages week after week. Even recovering from injury is fraught with complications when he is not fit enough to train in the first place. And he doesn't change games for the better when he gets red carded for fouling someone he cannot cope with because of his own unfitness.
    Waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But he is lazy totally unreliable and doesn't give a toss. He isn't brilliant or anything else when he is sitting on his arse in the treatment room taking his wages week after week. Even recovering from injury is fraught with complications when he is not fit enough to train in the first place. And he doesn't change games for the better when he gets red carded for fouling someone he cannot cope with because of his own unfitness.
    Waste of space.
    I know.
    I forgot.

We've seen how effective Murphy, Wilson, Ojo can be behind Moore but we also know, maybe, Moore cannot play 90 minutes every game. We have our first choice formation and personal but need something behind that.

Tomlin, as the best out and out 10, behind Harris and Watters would give opposition something different to think about, give Moore a rest and be more threatening than Harris or Watters up front on their own or, probably, with one of the aforementioned attacking midfielders behind them. Harris and Watters can then do bulk of the work Wilson, Murphy, Ojo have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    it's not just he doesn't chase back - we've been making chances recently by aggressively pressing opposition defenders, hunting them down in packs.
    if someone isn't willing or able to join in with that then It becomes really ineffective.
    yes he can create something from nothing when he's got the ball, but the way we are playing at the moment we hardly have the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's not just he doesn't chase back - we've been making chances recently by aggressively pressing opposition defenders, hunting them down in packs.
    if someone isn't willing or able to join in with that then It becomes really ineffective.
    yes he can create something from nothing when he's got the ball, but the way we are playing at the moment we hardly have the ball
    Premier league here we come.