+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    For what it is worth I think the money spent on marketing this competition could have achieved the same for T20 blast. All while not alienating most of the Counties involved.
    ..which is why a lot of us are so critical because this competition was not necessary. Just promote and fund T20 properly and with some BBC coverage as well you would see T20 rise significantly.

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    ..which is why a lot of us are so critical because this competition was not necessary. Just promote and fund T20 properly and with some BBC coverage as well you would see T20 rise significantly.
    I'm not sure it was needed. I totally agree on the T20 point too. I don't think there was much wrong with it and it will certainly suffer due to the Hundred becoming a thing.

The ECB will simply see record crowds, television viewing figures probably following the same trend and think that it was the correct decision.

People obviously have the choice to watch or not but I think it is here to stay and interest is definitely there and something to be built on, whether that be from traditional cricket fans or newcomers.